Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregNYC

One Too Many
You know how kids are always asking questions to their parents.... When I was growing up, my dad would put an end to my incessant questions by quoting from that wonderful intro. "Who knows.....? The Shadow knows!" I didn't know what he was on about. It wasn't till I grew up and listened to the radio episodes that I heard the intro for myself. I don't blame him. It sticks with you!

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Felice e prospero 2015 from Rome
Flechet Century for the new year in a sunny and cold morning in the Oranges Garden Aventino hill
Inviato dal mio GT-S7500 con Tapatalk 2

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Daniele - nice hat!

Here's a new year pic from last night. Gotta get some mileage out of the new top hat.

3ecdb2605c2e9e936b28fe7e2bf90cf2.jpg

Unlikely I'll be wearing a hat today. We plan to spend the day at a table with friends playing games and enjoying the time away from work.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Harv, gear-guy, Daniele, S-4-C, great looking lids guys. I envy them all.

I'm working on another Resistol Stagecoach project. Like the other Stagecoach I re-worked, the crown on this Silverbelly was originally quite tapered. I was able to square up the crown on this one a bit too. A little pouncing and the finish on this hat came out really nice and smooth. I went with a Center Dent crease on this one as well. This weekend I'll sew on a thin ribbon with a campaign style bow...

Before the reblock:

Resistol_Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Western_01.jpg

After the re-block:

Reblocked_Stagecoach_01.jpg

Reblocked_Stagecoach_02.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
TJ, another great blocking job!
Daniele, great you can wear a trilby in that cold!
Gear-Guy, you and the missus look very nice.
Harv, beautiful and pristine. The bowler rocks too!
S4C - I guess you don't want to play board-games with a topper on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Harv, gear-guy, Daniele, S-4-C, great looking lids guys. I envy them all.

I'm working on another Resistol Stagecoach project. Like the other Stagecoach I re-worked, the crown on this Silverbelly was originally quite tapered. I was able to square up the crown on this one a bit too. A little pouncing and the finish on this hat came out really nice and smooth. I went with a Center Dent crease on this one as well. This weekend I'll sew on a thin ribbon with a campaign style bow...

Before the reblock:

Resistol_Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Western_01.jpg

After the re-block:

Reblocked_Stagecoach_01.jpg

Reblocked_Stagecoach_02.jpg
this hat serious potential, personally i would have done the pinch a little differant, , maybe a deeper center dent or teardrop as to bring the height down a little , but i do like the softer pinch

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
TJ: Nice crown work!

Why not the 2nd picture of the year be the sunrise?
20150101amanhecer.jpg

And why not wear one of the favourite hats in the first new year's day?
Stetson Big Country in chocolate
20150101.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Happy New Year everyone, nice hats today.

Spent New Years eve driving from Austin to El Paso. A drive that should have taken about nine hours took sixteen hours as an arctic air mass with moisture moved into West Texas. We sat for 3 1/2 hours in two traffic stoppages for accidents and we encountered rain, sleet, snow and about 400 miles of icy roads with little or no sanding or other attention. I'm glad I lived in the Northeast for twelve years. The experience came in handy, especially while driving through a snow storm on unplowed roads in the Davis Mountains in West Texas, after dark, with almost zero visibility. Today was better as we drove across southern New Mexico and into Arizona. Encountered just few snow flurries in the high desert in New Mexico. Looking forward to getting back home in a couple of days.

Yesterday on I-10 west of San Antonio.
I-10_zpsa2b19d2e.jpg

Akubra Camp Draft today.
IMG_48491_zpsb309798b.jpg

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Gear-guy, great hat and bowtie!
Great Color on that Cane Rod, HistoryTeach.
Daniele, that is one great photo, the background is awesome and that’s a nice hat too!
HB3, that Portis is sharp, it really looks good with that jacket and tie.
S4C- Wow, talking about dressing up, you make me want to buy a top hat.
Joao, I love the color of that Big Country
Mayserwegener, you are looking sharp as always.
G.durand, That drive doesn’t sound like fun at all, looks like you are in the clear now. I just hope that snow doesn’t move into Georgia!

frussell

One Too Many
G.Durand - thanks for the holiday memories. I've made that same drive, as a child passenger and as an adult driver at Christmastime both ways, many times, several of them in similar conditions. I remember getting stranded halfway during the big gas shortage, and my dad getting our old Honda Trail 90 out of our little horse trailer, loaded with gas cans to fill up, after a four-hour wait in a line of angry drivers. Nothing like hitting somewhere like Van Horn during a big freeze, like you said, no sand or salt, and lots of black ice under freeway overpasses. Scary but good memories, full of beef jerky, braunschweiger and crackers, and Tab soda. Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner