Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHIL1959

One of the Regulars
Although I've nothing against Mr Jones, i decided to steam my new hat,(an ad vintage Harrison ) here's my attempt at a tear drop. hopefully looks ok?
WP_20150825_15_37_56_Pro.jpg WP_20150825_15_38_02_Pro.jpg WP_20150825_15_38_14_Pro.jpg WP_20150825_13_53_55_Pro.jpg

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Although I've nothing against Mr Jones, i decided to steam my new hat,(an ad vintage Harrison ) here's my attempt at a tear drop. hopefully looks ok?

Looks good to me. Nice job. That's about the exact type of tear drop I put on my grandfather's vintage Morrison. I wanted somewhat of a soft shape, with a subtle bubble like that, rather than something sharp, deep and pronounced like you see on some tear drops.

Andy

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

I think you did a great job

looks very good ... and you wear it well

Esther - looking fantastic as always

AndyR

One of the Regulars
I did have a friend spilling beer on my hat once :|

Well that's pretty bad. Off topic...it reminds me of an old joke that bluegrass fiddle players tell. What's the difference between a fiddle and a violin? You don't spill beer on a violin. :)

Andy

EstherWeis

Vendor
Well that's pretty bad. Off topic...it reminds me of an old joke that bluegrass fiddle players tell. What's the difference between a fiddle and a violin? You don't spill beer on a violin. :)

Andy

Haha, I'll remember that for my bluegrass playing friends :)

It's was ok to get off, i use straw stiffener and it sort off leaves a film so it didn't really do much damage.
Just general stale beer smell for the walk home...

Mr. Moon, thank you!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I did have a friend spilling beer on my hat once :|

Hmm, it's the least expensive " exotic" leather I have lying around.
The pieces are pretty small, you have to keep an eye out for the pieces that start from the knee. Those are big enough for a ribbon.

I had to get out the trench, and with that comes the trench hat...

It's peachbloom with beige grosgrain
no clue why my phone picks it up pink...

Good day to all of you!

Esther, as others have said, thanks for beginning to post in this thread. I wish more of the women loungers would. It's not that you are wearing great hats (and you are!), but I like the "attitude" you exude, as well. We often say, "wear the hat, don't let the hat wear you." You're definitely wearing your hats!

Camp Draft.

Hi Bob! :beer: I like what you've done with the crown. It looks different from any CD I've seen.

Late 50s OR today
Perfect day for this hat ... I'm enjoying it .

And I'm enjoying you enjoying it.
Eisenpforte - looking good in another Akubra
Phil1959 - I'm sure Dr. Jones would approve
Wonderful Strat, S4C.

Last edited:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!

Original No. 5 today.

2eb18379ce2277ec3ca2577830b37010.jpg

Fruno, love the stout-chugging smiley. Reminds me of my drinking days when I could put down a pint of Guinness about as fast.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

g.durand

One Too Many
Another great display today, everyone.

moon-I just love that hat. Inspires me to wear my cattleman's creased Resistol tomorrow.

Bob--like the way you have the CD creased. I may give it a try with mine.

moe--I'm liking your original. Looks like the fog stayed in up there today.

Since I haven't posted in a few days, here is some of what I've been wearing lately.

VS Granite on Sunday
FullSizeRender%2056_zpsl0xq2gkz.jpg

FullSizeRender%2057_zpsivkosbju.jpg

Resistol 10X "Dalworth" today
IMG_6621_zpsrkazvucn.jpg

IMG_6624_zpslhsp94k4.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats today, everyone. I'm looking forward to wearing some felt hats soon - well, we did have one quite cool day last week.

Today I was wearing my Brent Black Panama. I replaced the wide ribbon (which came from an old Churchill fedora) with a narrower black pug. I think the proportions are much better.

smugshot_6651857-L.jpg

Eisenpforte

New in Town
Nice hats today, everyone. I'm looking forward to wearing some felt hats soon - well, we did have one quite cool day last week.

Today I was wearing my Brent Black Panama. I replaced the wide ribbon (which came from an old Churchill fedora) with a narrower black pug. I think the proportions are much better.

smugshot_6651857-L.jpg

Looks good.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Another great display today, everyone.

moon-I just love that hat. Inspires me to wear my cattleman's creased Resistol tomorrow.

Bob--like the way you have the CD creased. I may give it a try with mine.

moe--I'm liking your original. Looks like the fog stayed in up there today.

Since I haven't posted in a few days, here is some of what I've been wearing lately.

Thank you G. Needed a little help from the salad bowl to make the "dome" in the crown.

javadave61

Practically Family
It's been an OR day today. I wear this to hold me over until my Silverbelly CD arrives later this year. I never imagined loving the specs of this style hat so much.

Moon, Michael, Bob, David, Moe, and so many others. You all inspire me!

2015-08-25_16.52.03.jpg 2015-08-25_16.52.52.jpg 2015-08-25_16.54.20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum