Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Hey everyone!
Happy Sunday to all.
Bob, love the milan.
Bowlerman, that virtuoso looks awesone
Trevi, the RS looks lie it was made for you.
T Jones, great hat and photo.

Even though it was warm and muggy and a great day for straw, I wore my Original No. 6 with new and improved ribbon. This was more the color I wanted all along, got it by mixing the brilliant and navy blue dyes. Gives a bit of contrast without the eye-burning brightness. Thanks again to Esther for the brim binding tips. While this one is far from perfect, it came out much better than previous attempts, and it looks nice enough for me to enjoy.

62a20ba453e088c9c6a6349656c99e1d.jpg
165af8252b636bda6957b8366dcb4518.jpg

As much of a pain as this 9/16" ribbon is to bind with, couldn't imagine doing it with 3/8". At least not without LOTS of practice.

Have a great evening!:)

You are most welcome! You did good!
Looks great!

The general rule is the wider the ribbon, the more you have to iron it round, otherwise it will bubble and you won't be able to stitch it smoothly.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

So good to see all the faces from the weekend, especially the triumphant return of Bowlerman, and Trevi007's spectacular Stetson!
And a Lovely family photo of fun today, Alan. It was a Magnificent Monday morning, men & Ma'am.

A weekend in the big schitty to see my grandson... where it was HOT enough to breed sheep, so I kept a couple of Panamas on for the trip.

DSC00793.jpg DSC00797.jpg DSC00798.jpg DSC00799.jpg DSC00800.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
There are more home runs today than in a Little League World Series final (I'm still sad for our Pennsylvania boys).

I'll at least try for a base hit. Wearing the Akubra Stockman to Fed IV conversion hat today.

2015-08-31_16.30.29.jpg

EstherWeis

Vendor
Merci Esther and Charlie. Nothing better than having your kids at home to photo bomb some hat selfies. :)

Haha, i know how you feel!

He won't let me fix his hat, every time i ask he just goes: Why? It's perfect the way it is.

I get the stubbornness from him!

a813fb7ee75cf74c3ec8cbeaa35b4281.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Everyone is looking great today!

Oh, so hot and muggy today, no way no how am I wearing felt until evening. So, it's my mystery Milan to help stay cool.

f97821d400cc480b18382f9c7d344c53.jpg

Have a wonderful rest of your day, everybody!:)

Harv the fed IV is tops.... a powerful hat!
Esther you and your pop look like twins, separated at birth (and a few years)! His hat IS perfect!
Moehawk you KNOW I love that one. A Milan miracle!!
Eisenpforte that is one classic lid, look. Well done!
Steve that's a wide brim (for you) on that beautiful Mayser!
Very sharp, professional look JavaD! A favorite Convo!! Sorry about the Penn Boys. At least they got to play there. I took my family on a whim when my son was twelve, just to be there. Absolutely among the most electrifying game events I have ever witnessed. Just the BEST! Glad you got there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou