Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Moonstone Fed Deluxe.
0d8b45812420ce79233215a49b980437.jpg
9c23c272981212165737df6057034183.jpg
203d0eda3c0d34d76324cda7bd6c0f93.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!

Today, a Bianchi velour that I got a coupe of days ago. I believe it is from the 70's. Impulse buy....
When it arrived, it was stiff as could be. One of the things I like best about my other velour, the Peschel, is the super soft, almost floppy felt. This one was more like terrycloth over cardboard. Couldn't reshape it, not even with steam. Those factory dents seemed set in stone. The brim, when snapped down, would snap back unexpectedly (and rather violently). So, I decided to try to pull out some of the shellac with alcohol. After soaking and blotting two or three times, letting dry open crown, and a good brushing, the velour is much, much nicer. The crown shapes with little effort, the nap is way softer, the brim stays. Still nowhere near the caliber of the Peschel, but as mayser told me, not much post-war is.

daf3ca96d53240879cfe636d9349805f.jpg
b8bc524788cf843b328bbf489dfa9496.jpg

Feathers seem to disappear around me...
Have a great day. I'm off to the flea market!

Sol James

New in Town
I'm gigging tonight and wearing the only hat I have! It's cheap (16 quid), too small and seen a fair bit of rain over the last few days. I'm becoming rather fond of it!! Terrible photo..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    674 KB · Views: 117

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks moon, but the look is purely function...I got the darkening lenses in the last pair of glasses I bought, bummer is that they take forever to lighten back up when I go indoors. So, sunglasses over prescription ones to keep them from darkening.
I'd get the ones made to fit over regular glasses, but they suck, have no style, and fall apart within a few days, so I go with thrift store Ray-bans or whatever looks halfway decent. :cool:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
TY, Mr. H!

Man, if I could make something this nice...
Well, if I can make something that at least looks decent in a picture and wears without falling apart on homemade and improvised equipment AND being visually impaired, just think what you could do with pro gear and a bit of practice! Might not get a Dalton first time, but it will be a Fruno!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff