Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all of the nice comments about this morning's homburg.

Tonight, I'm going out for coffee with an old friend as is my usual Thursday custom. For the occasion, I'm sporting the old green Dobbs. (And of course, dork that I am, I just had to use the lighting to try to look cool.)
uploadfromtaptalk1456445972965.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456445978377.jpg

Have a great Friday eve, everyone.

Tonight, I'm going out for coffee with an old friend as is my usual Thursday custom. For the occasion, I'm sporting the old green Dobbs. (And of course, dork that I am, I just had to use the lighting to try to look cool.)

Beautiful. Does that lighting show the true color? Its awesome!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 45199 View attachment 45200

...aaaaaaaaand goatee it is !!!!

slip of the razor or on purpose ?

wonderful sort of spanish moss green on that Dobbs ...

jhoops01

One of the Regulars

That's a great pic!

And you need lighting to look cool. Riiiiigggghhhhtttt..........

Hi everyone. I'm new here and have been enjoying looking at everyone's pictures. I got my first Stetson (it's the Stratoliner) yesterday and LOVE it! I had a hard time deciding between caribou and silverbelly. I decided on the caribou because it won't show dirt as much as the silverbelly.

Killer Stetson, killer Pendleton, and killer jewelry!!! Totally the style I dig!

Welcome to the fun, BeGlitched

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful. Does that lighting show the true color? Its awesome!

...aaaaaaaaand goatee it is !!!!

slip of the razor or on purpose ?

wonderful sort of spanish moss green on that Dobbs ...
Anthony hit the nail on the head. Spanish moss is a great way to describe the color. I had been trying to name it. The top shot is under fluorescents at a Barnes and Noble.
uploadfromtaptalk1456450933498.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456450938890.jpg

And the goatee was intentional this time, although I certainly have been goateeified (and clean shaven) as the result of unfortunate face mowing accidents. I hate it when that happens! [emoji3]

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Both fantastic lids Eric!! And did you get new specs? I really dig 'em! Details?

Thanks sir! The specs are Lemtosh Moscat frames. I went in to a local spectacle shop when I was very frustrated at my drugstore reading glasses giving me eye strain. The frames and "real reading lenses" do the trick. Getting older and needing reading glasses is terrible. The past couple of years using reading glasses has been a learning experience for me. I have frames in black (pic today), black crystal and a brown crystal. The local folks have been very kind in offering reasonable prices and terrific service.

i-bdWt6fF-M.jpg

Reading comfortably, Eric -

Last edited:

Jayessgee

Familiar Face
I have lost count of all the beautiful hats seen these days and not commented.
It is my fault mixed with little ability to write fluently in English.
Great hat Daniele! Please, do not let any misplaced notions of poor language skills. I am new here and had you not said anything, I would not have realized you were not a native English speaker.

Thanks sir! The specs are Lemtosh Moscat frames. I went in to a local spectacle shop when I was very frustrated at my drugstore reading glasses giving me eye strain. The frames and "real reading lenses" do the trick. Getting older and needing reading glasses is terrible. The past couple of years using reading glasses has been a learning experience for me. I have frames in black (pic today), black crystal and a brown crystal. The local folks have been very kind in offering reasonable prices and terrific service.

i-bdWt6fF-M.jpg

Reading comfortably, Eric -
Well....."congrats" I guess on joining the club. You gotta do what you gotta do. And you are certainly doing it with style, my friend.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Great hat Daniele! Please, do not let any misplaced notions of poor language skills. I am new here and had you not said anything, I would not have realized you were not a native English speaker.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Sometimes I wish I had speed and some "tricks" language to be more conversational. Not so, and then I use a language a bit "complicated"....but the core business is to display hats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo