Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
2121d9dfbbb57a2a68274cb5e77aa2bc.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Aw thx! It's obviously not perfect yet.
I decided to surprise Sergej with a leather sweat and lining.
It's not something that is done in women's millinery but decided to give it a go.

This is the first one I ever did, so I'm sure they will get better with more practise.
Nr. 2 is already going in easier.

Sergej will get a better liner once they arrive.

Don't know what's not perfect, but I'm very happy [emoji41] [emoji41] [emoji41]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The reason I've been coming back to this forum for a few years now is that I love to see people making beautiful things, and I love it when they have a great sense of individual style. Cheers to both Esther and Serge, and I can't wait to see what Esther will do in the future.
Also, I mentioned in another thread some time ago (in the Outerwear section, I believe) that for some reason people in The Netherlands and in Belgium have a real affinity for wonderful combinations of browns and greens. It's a combination one doesn't see very often in other countries. Serge's outfits are often perfect examples of it. Just an observation, but it's a look that has affected my own choices in dress. All the best.

Kevlar

New in Town
Gideon hat.JPG

Actually, I put this ensemble together on Monday, when I converted to Judaism. Wore my Borsalino (Film model), which perfectly complemented my navy pinstriped suit, pink shirt and Madras bowtie. The black Borsalino is fairly new, purchased from the JJ Hatter catalog by my Dad around 2010. Not cheap, as I recall. I inherited it after he passed away in late 2011. I save it for dressy occasions. It is one of many hats that ended up with me, including a beautiful Stetson Panama that I had bought for him from Batsakes.

EstherWeis

Vendor
The reason I've been coming back to this forum for a few years now is that I love to see people making beautiful things, and I love it when they have a great sense of individual style. Cheers to both Esther and Serge, and I can't wait to see what Esther will do in the future.
Also, I mentioned in another thread some time ago (in the Outerwear section, I believe) that for some reason people in The Netherlands and in Belgium have a real affinity for wonderful combinations of browns and greens. It's a combination one doesn't see very often in other countries. Serge's outfits are often perfect examples of it. Just an observation, but it's a look that has affected my own choices in dress. All the best.

Thank you!
I'm trying to find may way in the world of men's millinery.
I'm very thankful for Sergej taking a leap of faith in me and I feel a lot more confident now in doing them.
Still, always room for improvement of course :)

You are very right. He is an excellent dresser.
And his lovely wife has some amazing taste as well. Pulls of all those colors.

View attachment 45996

Actually, I put this ensemble together on Monday, when I converted to Judaism. Wore my Borsalino (Film model), which perfectly complemented my navy pinstriped suit, pink shirt and Madras bowtie. The black Borsalino is fairly new, purchased from the JJ Hatter catalog by my Dad around 2010. Not cheap, as I recall. I inherited it after he passed away in late 2011. I save it for dressy occasions. It is one of many hats that ended up with me, including a beautiful Stetson Panama that I had bought for him from Batsakes.

Mazel tov, Kevlar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou