Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many great hats these last few days, too many for my slow typing self to comment on. I will say Frunos recent custom from Gus Miller is one of my newest favorites. Fine looking hat that he wears well and the colors remind me a bit of my favorites, a Stetson Sovereign 20 mode edge, seen in my avatar. Thanks to all who commented on and added likes to yesterdays Gomez. I don't think Tom gets enough love around here. His straws are great and I plan on another from him sooner than later.

I've been having felt withdrawals as of late so I got a fix with this one earlier today before we get back to the mid 90's this afternoon.
Cavanagh 100
View attachment 53012 View attachment 53013
Sweeeeeeet!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I love the jacket Michael. What's it made out of?
Thanks Mason. I just got that jacket today. All I can tell you is that it's a Southwick and it's made of imported fabric. I think it is a silk and wool blend. There is no content labeling. I have to say I've never seen one closely similar to it.

Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. Traveling of late and have not had an opportunity to post to this thread. I have really enjoyed tuning in and seeing what you folks have been wearing.

Home late and enjoying the cooler summer evening down on our beach wearing the vtg. 30's Stetson beachcomber.

i-9DFmJ26-M.jpg

i-RwZNPVw-S.jpg

Love this felt hat. The color and quality are a true standout.

Unfortunately I have been loving the hat "too much." I wore the vintage leather sweat and eventually the top of the leather, cromed part, separated from the under leather and stuck to my head when I removed the hat. Yes, the leather, the cromer part, stuck to my head. It tore neatly across the front. My wife suggested I have "acid like" sweat on my brow and destroyed the hat leather band. I disagree, the leather wore out. After nearly 90 years it wore out. I suspect after living 90+ years parts of my body will wear out.

I sent the hat to Mike at Northwest Hats and asked if he would install a new leather sweat. Sweet - Mike did a grand job! Kuddos and BIG recomondation for Mike @ Northwest Hats. If you need leather sweat service consider his artistic service.

Enjoying the 65'F temps and the opportunity to wear felts.

Best to all, Eric -

Last edited:

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good evening. Traveling of late and have not had an opportunity to post to this thread. I have really enjoyed tuning in and seeing what you folks have been wearing.

Home late and enjoying the cooler summer evening down on our beach wearing the vtg. 30's Stetson beachcomber.

i-9DFmJ26-M.jpg

i-RwZNPVw-S.jpg

Unfortunately I have been loving the hat "too much." I wore the vintage leather sweat and eventually the top of the leather, cromed part, separated from the under leather and stuck to my head when I removed the hat. Yes, the leather, the cromer part, stuck to my head. It tore neatly across the front. My wife suggested I have "acid like" sweat on my brow and destroyed the hat leather band. I disagree, the leather wore out. After nearly 90 years it wore out. I suspect after living 90+ years parts of my body will wear out.

I sent the hat to Mike at Northwest Hats and asked if he would install a new leather sweat. Sweet - Mike did a grand job! Kuddos and BIG recomondation for Mike @ Northwest Hats. If you need leather sweat service consider his artistic service.

Best to all, Eric -
That's a great hat Eric.

65 degrees sounds sooooo good. We hit 107 today.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That's a great hat Eric.

Thanks sir!

65 degrees sounds sooooo good. We hit 107 today.
I am learning about warm weather survival from watching yours and others posts.

107'F WOW! That is temp to warm food and not for humans to live in. Minnesota is a great place during global warming. We have cooler temps and live in the land of 10,000 lakes. We have water!

Best, Eric -

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

i-9DFmJ26-M.jpg

i-RwZNPVw-S.jpg

Best to all, Eric -
+1 for Mike. He just finished "re-working" 4 of my hats.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
This is how my wife rocks her Hemp Strat.
Love her style!
... which is not on purpose by the way... She just happens to not give a $#!+
d61e93f928032d742f77f3279d0c1aea.jpg

b58a56c67c19facd472f8b4777c765e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

What is it about women , they make anything look Great ! I dig that !!!

My new campdraft.

Mm25 (Joe) , That looks Great ! Is that Taupe Fawn like mine ? It looks more Fawn and less Taupe , Awesome Color ! The Brim is ABSOLUTELY KILLER , as well as The Crown ! Think you have this Baby Diapered and Done ! I love It !!! You know the Campdraft is/was the OR made by Akubra for Stetson , and it has about a 1/2" More Crown than the Modern OR , and the Brim is basically a 2 7/8" , it beats the pants off a Modern OR (IMHO) .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy