Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to read your comments on the Imperial Stetson. It is an unusual hat in both marks and color, happy that you enjoyed seeing it. The Imperial lives in its original box - one of a small number of hat boxes that I keep for storage on the top of my hat shelves. I prefer to keep hats out where I can see them and remember to wear them. Another hat that I keep in a box is this furry Flechet, one from an incredible NOS find by RLK. A beautiful sunny day calls for a beautiful hat.

111516.jpg

flechet3.jpg
Wow Alan. That's magnificent.

Rafterman333

New in Town
Just go for it. Jump in and wear your hats. You can't worry about others not wearing hats. If you like them, then wear them. I think most of us were in your place at one time.

ETA: I Just started really wearing hats this year in about July or August. Looking back, I realize even though I always loved hats I just didn't wear them because (1) I was vain in that I didn't want to mes up my pretty, curly hair... no seriously; and (2) I was concerned what others might say. I decided that was stupid, got a short haircut more appropriate for my age, LOL, and stopped using hair gel for fear it would mess up the liners in my hats. Only now has my wife started to say things about the number of hat boxes in the "spare" bedroom...

Look at that pretty boy! LOL.

i-BMqhcgJ.jpg
You're right. It's dumb to worry about what everyone else thinks. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate all the support, such an awesome group of people on here. [emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Rafterman333

New in Town
Welcome aboard. My name is Matt (Harv was already taken) and I'm in Virginia Beach.

So many wise (and entertaining) things have been written about jumping into the hat fun that I don't have much to add except that you won't regret it. It's some of the best fun there is. And the folks around the lounge really are great and supportive. Long story short: it's a hoot.

Be well... Be kind... Have fun!
Nice to meet you Matt, I'm Brian. Thanks for the kind welcome.

tommyK

One Too Many
First, love this Gannon, Moon. It's a style I've long been looking for in vintage that has eluded me.
ee03c378f5447803baf4e729633e4fbb.jpg

Second, this reminds me of something I do with my hats. If I'm at an event or something that involves tickets and such I often tuck them in the ribbon of my hat like Moon has his matches.

p.s. really like the sentiment that goes with those matches

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday, after seeing Harv's fantastic Resistol, someone made the comment about not seeing very many non-westerns of that brand.

It inspired me to bring out the Resistol Beaver Twenty homburg that rlclark was kind enough to direct my way. It is the only Resistol I own and a beautiful hat with very fine, supple felt. I can't recall seeing pics of other Resistol homburgs, but I am sure that they are out there.

For some reason, I hesitate to put a pinch in this one.
View attachment 60238 View attachment 60239 View attachment 60240 View attachment 60241 View attachment 60242 View attachment 60243

Have a great Tuesday folks. [emoji111]
I'm so glad you like that hat, Matt and it looks great on you!

I think the old Resistol fedoras, homburgs, etc. are exceptional hats. The fact that Resistol now is synonymous with stiff western hats has diminished the name. I just sold a Resistol "Kitten Finish" fedora, and already have second thoughts about the sale!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
First, love this Gannon, Moon. It's a style I've long been looking for in vintage that has eluded me.
ee03c378f5447803baf4e729633e4fbb.jpg

Second, this reminds me of something I do with my hats. If I'm at an event or something that involves tickets and such I often tuck them in the ribbon of my hat like Moon has his matches.

p.s. really like the sentiment that goes with those matches
thank you my brother

Bigger Don

Practically Family
I have hats but I hardly wear them. It feels so weird in public since nobody wears them. All I see are snapbacks. And it doesn't help that I'm an introvert.

Wear 'em where you're comfortable, just in you're own yard. Run an errand.

BTW, snapbacks are not hats. :)

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I'm so glad you like that hat, Matt and it looks great on you!

I think the old Resistol fedoras, homburgs, etc. are exceptional hats. The fact that Resistol now is synonymous with stiff western hats has diminished the name. I just sold a Resistol "Kitten Finish" fedora, and already have second thoughts about the sale!

Thanks, Rick.

According to their website (and not-surprisingly) Resistol is a part of Hatco, now. Oh how I long for those thrilling days of yesteryear's hats!

Yesterday, after seeing Harv's fantastic Resistol, someone made the comment about not seeing very many non-westerns of that brand.

It inspired me to bring out the Resistol Beaver Twenty homburg that rlclark was kind enough to direct my way. It is the only Resistol I own and a beautiful hat with very fine, supple felt. I can't recall seeing pics of other Resistol homburgs, but I am sure that they are out there.

For some reason, I hesitate to put a pinch in this one.
View attachment 60238 View attachment 60239 View attachment 60240 View attachment 60241 View attachment 60242 View attachment 60243

Have a great Tuesday folks. [emoji111]

NO pinch, Matt!! A real beaut as IS!!
Peace, love, Woodstock, Aquarius, and tie dye right back atcha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner