Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to me Adam. The crease is still evolving.

5a1aa2effcd2d3093fd5f1fa5363893d.jpg

89088d22add755d70e0f321eb82b1778.jpg

ca81493d493e03edb32e33e4456037dc.jpg
Looks great Bob!
Sweet Ford!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Been sitting at home all weekend in dire pain, passing a kidney stone I think. Patty has finally convinced me to go to Urgent Care this morning. I had this happen 30+ years ago and nothing since then. Being the big baby I am, this is not my favorite way to spend the last few days. Like driving a Buick through a garden hose! My only contact with the outside world has been the Lounge! (kind of feeling like I'm being ignored, but that is probably the Vicodin talking...) View attachment 62347 View attachment 62348 I have been pondering which hat to wear to the doctor, Bowler? 1950s Back Bow Fedora, I'll have to make a decision before 10:00.
I hope you're feeling better soon, Red.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful Vita-felt. I've seen these regularly (almost) on the lounge and have wondered about how they feel in hand? Your thoughts, compare and contrast in 8 pages or less.
Thanks, Red.

My Vita-Felts are some of my favorite hats. The felt is very soft and light. It seems less dense than many other felts of the period.

There is a lot of stuff about Vita-Felt on the Lounge. Much of it (especially for me, the discussions about if Vita-Felt is a special process or just a marketing gimmick) is very interesting. You might want to search around, read about them, and then... get yourself one. [emoji6]

Hope that the doc was able to help with your pain and that you are feeling better.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Using snow shoes to cut a path in our yard. I have done this many times and it never fails each year to have the dogs step on the backs of the shoes and to suddenly end up face first in the snow. No problems falling in the snow other than my ego. I am sure that the dogs chuckle to themselves. Snow brushed off and back inside to brew some strong coffee.

i-4Gx7hz6-M.jpg

Vtg. Adams Magestic at work this afternoon.

i-kwKcBjG-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great photo! I love the High Line. Such a romantic setting for you. Hats and romance!

Thanks - it is indeed a nice place for a walk, other than it was so cold and windy there yesterday.

No problem, we found a nice new wine shop (can't remember the last time I saw George T. Staff and RvW bourbon on a store shelf) and we had some nice drinks next door.

Heading home to DFW now.

Cheers!
David

Good late morning all. Just returning from Mass and getting caught up with the hat parade,

Joao - I like that liner.
Esther - Coffee or no, you and your hats bring class to the thread. Nice one today
RJR - On the move today. Is that pecan?
Mark - Still diggin' the fuzz face. And I like the ties, too
David - Glad you got to see your daughter. The holidays are for family
Anthony! - Talk about a tugboat. Great hat. Great crease. Great rake. And a wind trolley!
View attachment 62351

Eric - I love that you put your hats to work. You inspire me to not baby my hats - especially the customs.
Matt - Lovin' the Vita Felt!!

Red - Please take care of yourself and recover quickly. There are those out here on the intertubes that care about you.
I know I probably forgot somebody - sorry!

I was really wanting to wear a Hommie to church this morning, but being in the public eye and having followers apparently has its responsibilities. So by request:

View attachment 62352 View attachment 62353 View attachment 62354

Light Gray 150th Anniversary Stetsonian
This hat looks wonderful for a modern hat, I guess that I should expand my horizons!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Been sitting at home all weekend in dire pain, passing a kidney stone I think. Patty has finally convinced me to go to Urgent Care this morning. I had this happen 30+ years ago and nothing since then. Being the big baby I am, this is not my favorite way to spend the last few days. Like driving a Buick through a garden hose! My only contact with the outside world has been the Lounge! (kind of feeling like I'm being ignored, but that is probably the Vicodin talking...) View attachment 62347 View attachment 62348 I have been pondering which hat to wear to the doctor, Bowler? 1950s Back Bow Fedora, I'll have to make a decision before 10:00.
Hope you get well soon....May I prescribe you 3 tequilas a day along with an MGD each, this way tequila dissolves the stone and beer, being diuretic, will help the stone powder leave your body.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

A bit warmer today, a bit more snow. Waiting for the sewer snake guy. Aargh. Champ hat
P1220321 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1220322 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Seems to be a busy lounge for a Sunday morning.
P1220323 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hope all present are enjoying themselves.
12-11-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a fine day. Personally, I have other plans.

Michael
Great ribbon! Looks like you are dressed for a dirty job. I would have a professional do this as well. Too bad it is on a Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy