Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I agree with decreased traffic and cycling. I can get to back roads within a mile of the house, and just ride with very little traffic. A lot of hill work as the Kentucky river and Palisades wind though this area.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
We have a pretty decent bike trail system here and that is mostly what I ride on, but running errands gets me out on the streets. I don't have enough wind left in me for much in the way of hill work so I'm lucky a lot of trail runs along the river.

Now THAT'S a mushroomin' hat.
Thanks Moe. It seems to have been lucky today.

Michael, What can you tell us about the shirt you're wearing in these photos? I think I want one.
The shirt is from Blackhawk! Warrior Wear. Website is Blackhawk.com. It's a fairly heavy and dense cotton. I thrifted this one and yesterday was the first time I wore it. The jury is still out, but it seemed to be well suited to the woods and thorns, and the pockets were handy.

All set for the quest Michael. You probably look 1000% better than all the other crazies out there hunting fungi!
Thanks Red. The great thing about hunting fungi after morel season is over is that there aren't any crazies in the woods. It's a quiet place now.

They must be on a semester system? Have they had commencement and went out into the world?
Yes, semester system. Graduation was a week or two ago.

Ranger Michael!
It helps when hunting on parkland, which I was yesterday, if I want to shoo anyone away from a lovely mushroom find. Ha ha.

Thanks all,
Michael

Willebe

A-List Customer
Early start today after dropping off my wife at the airport. Sticking with my Brent Black Monticristi.

bb82be3d46b4008f113efe07011011c4.jpg

Cheers! David
Looks like you are ready for an adventure!

Willebe

A-List Customer
We have a pretty decent bike trail system here and that is mostly what I ride on, but running errands gets me out on the streets. I don't have enough wind left in me for much in the way of hill work so I'm lucky a lot of trail runs along the river.

Thanks Moe. It seems to have been lucky today.

The shirt is from Blackhawk! Warrior Wear. Website is Blackhawk.com. It's a fairly heavy and dense cotton. I thrifted this one and yesterday was the first time I wore it. The jury is still out, but it seemed to be well suited to the woods and thorns, and the pockets were handy.

Thanks Red. The great thing about hunting fungi after morel season is over is that there aren't any crazies in the woods. It's a quiet place now.

Yes, semester system. Graduation was a week or two ago.

It helps when hunting on parkland, which I was yesterday, if I want to shoo anyone away from a lovely mushroom find. Ha ha.

Thanks all,
Michael
I understand, and Kudos to the fact that you are still on the bike pedalling. After all it is the joy of the ride that matters and not the length or climb. Keep pedalling my friend!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I live in a university town and about a third of the population just disappeared. Makes riding bicycle so much more fun.
Fun? Bicycles? Raindrops keep falling on my head.
hats 067.jpg
Back in London I wouldn't have given it a week before being involved in a collision, but here in the beautiful New Forest, I can, and do, ride to the supermarket, and the only accident that ever happens is if the wind blows my hat off.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
judging by the pin I'm guessing that is a very modern Temple? ... you might not want to wear that in too much rain.
just a friendly word of advice

you look fantastic though
Thank you for the kind words and advice! Sadly I learned that lesson the hard way with this hat. This is the first fedora I bought myself back in January for a trip to Washington DC. It got absolutely soaked on multiple occasions and even though I followed every step for care it still didn't look right. I spent sometime reshaping it when I got home and it bounced back pretty well but not perfect. So I figured if the weather turns foul I will typically reach for this hat because it's not collectible or vintage and I should be able to pick another one up for about $100 or less.

OC Fry

Familiar Face
judging by the pin I'm guessing that is a very modern Temple? ... you might not want to wear that in too much rain.
just a friendly word of advice

you look fantastic though
I have a new Temple & for what it's worth I have worn it in some fairly heavy rain with no ill effects. However I have heard stories of misshapen hats & dyes bleeding onto shirts & heads.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the kind words and advice! Sadly I learned that lesson the hard way with this hat. This is the first fedora I bought myself back in January for a trip to Washington DC. It got absolutely soaked on multiple occasions and even though I followed every step for care it still didn't look right. I spent sometime reshaping it when I got home and it bounced back pretty well but not perfect. So I figured if the weather turns foul I will typically reach for this hat because it's not collectible or vintage and I should be able to pick another one up for about $100 or less.
it still looks great for experiencing some weather ... you did a great job bringing it back to life

unfortunately the blends Stetson uses on hats in that price range are nothing to write home about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo