Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday, fellow Loungers! It is a great day to be alive and living in Funkytown.

Today is a two-fold good day. After being in my new job for a month, the US of A has finally given me the blessing of a security clearance. This means I can finally report to duty and start doing some real work. But first, of course, I must take a number and spend this morning waiting to be called for processing so I can receive my ID badge. So I sit in the Big USAF waiting room watching the number board (and there's not even a pastrami sandwich when they call my number).

The Frunoliner keeps me company as I wait.

918cf41d7ae715e6c5e218151ba9a7ec.jpg

d1e410f33774faa71e7ef8cf28894b03.jpg
07f51ad8d19c5cb8cf02b6790e3f39de.jpg

Brim up for Bob.

62d64760e550c2c247137a0bd4f452c2.jpg

It is also a sacred Holy Day for my people. Yes, it's National Donut Day.

Still Life With Donut and Frunoliner.

582ff3fb00045d7478c8cf3b4935df2b.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Happy Friday, fellow Loungers! It is a great day to be alive and living in Funkytown.

Today is a two-fold good day. After being in my new job for a month, the US of A has finally given me the blessing of a security clearance. This means I can finally report to duty and start doing some real work. But first, of course, I must take a number and spend this morning waiting to be called for processing so I can receive my ID badge. So I sit in the Big USAF waiting room watching the number board (and there's not even a pastrami sandwich when they call my number).

Brim up for Bob.

Happy Donut Day, If I'd known I would have sent a card! Congrats on the Security Clearance, the Fruno-Liner is a good choice, looks great.

Willebe

A-List Customer

Brim up for Bob.

I love it. When you must hurry up and wait, why not celebrate with hat glorious circumference of grease and dough. The hat gives you that distinct look that you know what you are doing as you wait with donut in your hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have to honor to capture the oral history of a member of the Oregon State class of 1945 today. This lady ended up as the editor of the school newspaper. Women on campus were actually a majority during WWII, taking many positions traditionally held by male students. This should be epic!! The Mossant Diplomatique is a perfect choice as it was made during her era. A tribute to her time at college.

1Jun17 Mossant front.jpg
1Jun17 Mossant side.jpg

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
I have to honor to capture the oral history of a member of the Oregon State class of 1945 today. This lady ended up as the editor of the school newspaper. Women on campus were actually a majority during WWII, taking many positions traditionally held by male students. This should be epic!! The Mossant Diplomatique is a perfect choice as it was made during her era. A tribute to her time at college.

View attachment 75920 View attachment 75921
Nice hat, I like the color

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 75920 View attachment 75921
The Mossant looks great Red. The oral history sounds interesting too.

Thanks Michael. Not hot, quite comfy at about 75 for the high and breezy. Kind of a tweener for straw, but I was anxious to break them out!
Sounds nice. 85 for a high here I see now and around 90 for the next couple of days after today.

Great looking straw! Plenty of shade there. I like the shirt too.
Thanks Red. Yes, lots of shade under this one. I'm going with the flyweight silk shirt and linen pants today. Time to get serious about finding all of my summer clothes.

Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Gills are good!

And to catch up on your question of yesterday, @Redfokker , the light sage color strikes me as a bit toward an earthy green. Yet, to be honest I might prefer it to be even more so, but when paired with the right colors, it appears as a suitably subtle tone.

I must say, though, for whatever reason, that light sage lid is among the most commented-on of my collection.

I agree with Charlie-always get a comment on my sage green hat. It is a cool color. It pairs much easier than you would sumize. My grandmother had a sewing room painted in the same color. It was room that was always cool on a hot summer day. Lots of summer projects and books were read in that big room.

I agree with Charlie-always get a comment on my sage green hat. It is a cool color. It pairs much easier than you would sumize. My grandmother had a sewing room painted in the same color. It was room that was always cool on a hot summer day. Lots of summer projects and books were read in that big room.

"In the great GREEN Room, there was a telephone..."
Sorry, Eric, but some memories are simply overpowering, and after three kids, and now grand ones, who knows how many times I have read that story. Thank you!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Chores this morning meant replacing some fence, emptying the fire-pit and tilling the garden. A hardware store straw hat was just the ticket!

i-58z85tt-M.jpg

This straw hat has been dunked in the lake, had a bucket of water poured on top of my head while wearing and numerous times been knocked to the dirt. Great hat for hard efforts.

i-BNnpgv6-M.jpg

It really needs some steam and shaping. I rarely get it re-worked as it gets hard wear and the brim inevitably drops. Perhaps the hat is telling me this is the shape it needs to be in.

Satisfied with my efforts this morning, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo