Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Hey all!
Saw a moth crawling on one of my Homburgs this morning, so I spent the better part of an hour brushing hats just in case the little bastage had already deposited it's offspring onto my collection. In the process, I remembered I have this here Tonak Seal Velour. Goes well with a G-1. Weather permitting, of course.

52b1539784c6b0687fe8d727201882d2.jpg
17ba9104be0f13fa1d302d7a88d0bb02.jpg
cdcb5cc8260b3c3b78de7dd382426118.jpg
1cd5042272f6702e58c3c18887a3a5e5.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts

I hope that parasite is the end of its lineage. Wonderful Tonak, sir.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
As I'm a bespoke hatter based in the Cotswolds in the UK I want to be a little different from all the other hat brands here. so this is one of my own hats I made for myself. its a nice 4 inch crown with a 3 inch stiff brim, I've distressed it as that how I like my hats and as I'm a hatter I need to be a little different.

I like this one better than the pork pie. Lots of character. Is this one wool or fur?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Off to get more camp fuel after a pretty thorough cleaning yesterday with nothing more than distilled white vinegar, full strength and a toothbrush. A good brushing with a hat sponge and horsehair brush after the felt dried.

Champ, grey felt, silver ribbon/bow treatment. Thanks to @Wesslyn for the hookup on this one! More pics in the Naptha bath thread.

i-j9W7dJZ-XL.jpg

i-CqBN99G-XL.jpg

i-h455K3B-XL.jpg

i-dsS3tHd-XL.jpg
That cleaned up pretty well Doug. Hope the naptha bath takes care of any remaining issues.

Now that is a proper 50s/60s straw hat. Love the shirt too.
Thanks Red. I think if I ever downsize my hat collection this one will make the cut as a keeper. I just picked up the shirt yesterday at my favorite thrifts 75% off back to school sale. It's a Nat Nast silk twill.

Great hat and shirt. May I ask where you live so that I can emigrate there from non-stop rain all day London? I can probably row from where I am with all the water coming down.
Thanks Windsock8e. I'm in Iowa and will gladly trade places with you in rainy London. Though I admit the forecast here has been looking up after a month or two of miserable heat.

Thanks,
Michael

View attachment 81555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovin some Silverbelly Littlewing! Welcome to the Fray! Stick around and read, read, read. There is so much information about your new hobby of hat collecting here. Dive right in.

DAMN! That is one sharp looking hat sir! Looking great
Thanks Jer, I was inspired to wear it today by Moon's new Portis. Love the hat. It is actually a 7 3/8 but I'm making it work.

@Redfokker thank you sir and as requested here are a few more snaps.
Very nice work Marcelle. We hope to see more of your creations here on the Lounge.

Hey all!
Saw a moth crawling on one of my Homburgs this morning, so I spent the better part of an hour brushing hats just in case the little bastage had already deposited it's offspring onto my collection. In the process, I remembered I have this here Tonak Seal Velour. Goes well with a G-1. Weather permitting, of course.

17ba9104be0f13fa1d302d7a88d0bb02.jpg

Have a great day!