Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel

Practically Family
Nice collection of fine looking lids today. Everyone looks great.

Very comfortable weather here in Central Ohio this afternoon. Wearing this reblocked and reworked modern Whippet in "Natural" that a fellow Lounger gave me.

Whippet_8.jpg

Mid ribbon with a double tailed bow. The stitching is hidden.
Whippet_Hat_4.jpg
Whippet_Hat_6.jpg

Ghost Peppers are no joke!

Great Balls Of Fire!
I want a whippet something fierce

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Thanks Richard. I think I'm going to like that jacket and I already know I like the hat. It turned out to be a big day for Stetson at my house. First the OR already shown, then a Stetson cap for a bike ride and then this OR for fooling around in the yard this afternoon/evening.
DSCN5198 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5197 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
This one is a Royal, made when they still listed for $10.
DSCN5190 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Thanks all,
Michael
Nice jacket too

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I want a whippet something fierce
Yeah, me too. An true vintage Whippet is one of those hats that's on my bucket list. Too bad I'll probably kick the ol' bucket before I could ever afford to buy one. But, you definitely wouldn't want one of the modern ones though. They're not anywhere close to the originals. You could either wait and find one on ebay or you could have a custom Whippet clone made up for yourself. If I had the materials to work with, like more ribbon and a few more sweats, plus a hat to convert, I'd make my own.

Still love that color. I would have to change a lot of wardrobe selections to go with green. I have enough problems with my Sage Stetson. I'm more of a blue person.

52c5e208837c8ae24499105da873e91f.jpg

Royal Stetson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice mid ribbon. Great brim and crown.

Yeah, me too. An true vintage Whippet is one of those hats that's on my bucket list. Too bad I'll probably kick the ol' bucket before I could ever afford to buy one. But, you definitely wouldn't want one of the modern ones though. They're not anywhere close to the originals. You could either wait and find one on ebay or you could have a custom Whippet clone made up for yourself. If I had the materials to work with, like more ribbon and a few more sweats, plus a hat to convert, I'd make my own.

You can have a custom Whippet clone built by any number of our resident hatters. You can have the look for half the price of a vintage. Of course, you could luck into finding one at a thrift store for $10 bucks. Look in the unicorn section of your local Goodwill.

View attachment 87665
Borso Vitali this morning.
Classy Bob! I like it.

Camp Draft.

7727c7a209cf977946cc82a40a32c18c.jpg

5609662d3d09b0fc3f63200ad03ff1e5.jpg
Very nice Bob, clean machine today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members