Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Today’s haul from Goodwill! I need another western 3X Stetson like another hole in my head but couldn’t resist.
1dfc745337eeeb9c2a71851f5fbb42fb.jpg

6600ed969884e54ee9782b3de5016624.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone has to buy them. If they don't sell they're put on a truck to McAllen where they're sold by the hundredweight for God knows what use. So, you've done the world a service by buying it.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Nice one Richard! I think Terry Jones has one and raves about the felt quality. Your thoughts?
I like everything about this hat Jack. The felt has a really fine hand, soft and smooth to the touch and for a western weight it shapes easily. It had a crooked cattleman crease and the brim was all whomper-jawed when I got it and it too about 30 minutes with a block and steam to get it to look like it does now. Of my westerns the felt is better than my '60s Number 1 but not as good a hand as my '50s Nutria Quality. Terry @TJones and I have discussed it and I think we have about the same opinion of the older Bradford felt.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Nasty bite in the wind today. Stetson Gun Club 3X Beaver for the morning shopping
DSCN8660 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8661 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And a bunch of LL Bean stuff
DSCN8670 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Back from the grocery trip now and going out on a bus/walk soon. I think a cap with earflaps and long coat will be in order.

Have a fine Thursday,
Michael
That's an unusual Gun Club Michael, I like that curled brim with the shape of the crown.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That Playboy is a corker Jim. It looks good speckled with little raindrops.

Love that band Bob.

As Fozzie Bear sez..."Life with the top down!" At least the Polar will keep the burning sun off your nose.

Very cool Richard. The liner resemblance to a Resistol really tells a story of this maker.

Now this is a "western" that I could be coaxed into wearing. Love the new ribbon.

Nice Gun Club Michael. Love the showy hat band.

Looking good Justin. Another fine wider ribbon.

A great one from Mike Miller Roger. Love the color and lines.
Thank you Red!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I can't get enough of that Polar Matt.
Thanks Richard.

Great looking Bradford. Yet one more hat that is sucking me inexorably towards more exploration of the landscape of western hats.
c3fc958eaa92da3fbe72b224f732b113.jpg

dc48ec4fc21be759265153b5b4d893e3.jpg

Driving and Riding. Dennis Brooks black beaver hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great looking hat, Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo