Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't think your head will swell, you got it in perspective!
With these compliments Ibmay not be able to fit into it the next time I try to put it on.

We thank the one who gives us a hat but do we thank the ONE who gave us the head on which to wear it,

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Senshu

New in Town
A difficult look to pull off, but you rock that boater, Senshu!

In Japan, boater is called ‘can-can hat’, and was very popular in ancient age, 100 year ago, mainly for kind of formal male hat as same as western world.
‘Can-can’ was from the hard solid high tone sound when we hit the hat with fingernail. You can find this Japan local name also in Wikipedia.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boater

Recent few years, can-can hat becomes popular again in Japan. This time, as casual hat, firstly for female, then for male.
http://wear.jp/sp/men-coordinate/?tag_ids=9992&pageno=4

Some Japanese hat makers still manufacture quality boater in traditional way.
http://www.panamaya.com/smp/item/nm-14-kan.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Beautiful day here in Northeast Ohio.Went for a cruise in the 75 VW.Car under Shannon Phillips derby.
EBNMvu2.jpg
fs99ILN.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Greetings Moe et al:
It seems as if that Whippet keeps getting better looking every time we see it! Must be West Coast Whippet Weather.
Super hat!!
Be well. Bowen
Thanks Bowen! I guess I'll have to wear it more often. California IS a "green" state (and getting greener!) so that must have something to do with it. .

Thank you - I thought it was just Panama straw, but you are correct - apparently it is both genuine and twisted! [according to where I bought it last year]
http://www.one2miniranch.com/stetson-panama-straw-open-road-cowboy-hat/

I've had Shantung Open Roads for years and there is no comparison with this hat (and new hemp OR) and old ones - much lighter and cooler. Stetson also has a vented Shantung that is lighter and cooler than the old ones too and it's also available at One 2 mini Ranch.

http://www.one2miniranch.com/stetson-shantung-vented-open-road-2-western-hat/

I’ve been called twisted more than once myself.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Great hat for a warm drippy day. Love the Polar Matt.
Thanks Mike.

Good morning. This morning a lightweight green hued Knox Vagabond was my hat of choice.

I have started some yard clean-up and the 70'f temps have me wearing a straw hat for the first time since early Fall 2017. The vintage Sea Spray is a unique straw. The straw hat is a tight weave, while having side and top vents. The edge treatment is clever. It is enjoyable to wear. The leather sweat works well handing the sweaty efforts this morning.

Best, Eric -

What wicked hats...

The vents on the Sea Spray are a fantastic finishing touch.

A very nice morning under this Brooks Brothers Genuine Cocoanut with Madras pug.

Have a good hat day
Michael
I'm coco for that coconut.

1940’s Stratoliner

Gorgeous Strat.
Do the photos accurately reflect the color?

Atwood palm straw, with mecate rein hat band.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Great looking palm.

Photos rock.

The gods of Monday are visiting today. Having trouble posting is the least of my problems. At least the sun's out.

Mallory The Dallas

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

The Dallas is such a great looking hat.

I hope that the Mondayness of Monday went away.

Greetings All:
Today it’s a Disney Twenty. 2 7/8” brim with a very nice self edge, rich chocolate brown.
Thanks for kind comments of late.
Be well. Bowen

Dang... That Twenty looks like a million.

Those spring days when you can still wear a wool jacket and a furry hat. Ahhh!

That is another stunner, Alan.

Lt. Blue and Cuenca Duplex from NW Hats today. A hat that will be seen around here kind of frequently, just love this one.
WhatAHat! I'd staple that to my head until felt season is back.

Getting to the dance late today and, in honor of a 92+ degree humid Texas day, wearing my panama straw Open Road ahead of Straw Hat Day.
The Open Road style looks great in Panama

Thanks Jay. Our visit was very enjoyable. Always enjoy the Salt Lake City, UT trips. You and your family live in a gorgeous part of the US.

Some backcountry skiing, hiking, Natural History Museum, Gardens and of course the visit to downtown SLC. Caps were my chosen headgear for this business travel.

Enjoyed SLC's weather. They have leaves, flowers and things are green! Glorious.

Lunch one afternoon was shared with the local magpies.

It was very enjoyable to meet up with Jay and his wife in their neighborhood. Surrounded by the mountains and grand weather I look forward to my next visit.

Thanks again Jay!

Best wishes this afternoon, Eric -

Looks like a great trip.

It's always so cool to see Lounge members meeting up. It looks like it was a hoot.

Still fantastic Matt.

Thanks Richard.

Did not expect the polar to make a reappearance this time of year, but it's always a nice surprise!

Thanks Stefan

Third day of straw hat possibilities here; very unusual! Chose the Dunlap panama (courtesy of Moehawk).

Man... Great looking hat. That brim appears to be a kilometer wide.

Just picked up my Akubra Capricorn from the Post Office.

We thank the one who gives us a hat but do we thank the ONE who gave us the head on which to wear it,
Nice. It looks like a great summer driving hat.

J. Hückel ´s Söhne "Standard" "Crystal Velour" probably 1930s and a recent find.
Excellent hat, Steve.

Hey folks!
This green '54 Whippet is the choice for a beautiful afternoon.

Have a great day!