Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That hat looks great on you Barry:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I like the upturned brim too. I am sure it will come in handy when you are in Florida

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Unfortunately , what is being called Baku today is realy fine sisol straw. Baku straw was the finest ,lightest straw made. i havea few Borsalino straws made in the late 1960's that are like silk. If you can nab one on Ebay, go for it.

Steven

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Barry, that TOAST is a great color. I really like the hat. I'm with you; turned up looks good. (It's been my experience that hat guys like to play with brims and bashes. Women, on the other hand, just want us to turn it down in front and back. I think it has to do with some guy they saw in a movie 3 times.)

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
RBH said:
Way to go Mr B ! :eusa_clap
You must know you have friends here that are lifting you up. We wish you the best!
Now as to the hat, bim down is best ... I think so. :D

Douglas, once again ..
as always :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks a MILLION, RBH, I truly appreciate your kind sentiments, my friend!

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
J.T.Marcus said:
Barry, that TOAST is a great color. I really like the hat. I'm with you; turned up looks good. (It's been my experience that hat guys like to play with brims and bashes. Women, on the other hand, just want us to turn it down in front and back. I think it has to do with some guy they saw in a movie 3 times.)

Thanks, J.T., much appreciated!!!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
That Panama looks great on you, Barry, and I'm sure it will be sweet wearing it during your "Crossing the Finish Line" trip! My closest friend is an oncologist out in southern Oregon, and I know that treating cancer is pretty hard on him emotionally at times (he and his staff care an awful lot about their patients, as your center obviously does) but he wouldn't be doing anything else.

Speaking of Oregon, nice Tropic-Aire, Douglas! I'm planning on visiting Art in October when I'm out there for the annual fishing trip. Maybe I'll commision a hat while I'm there. :)

And thanks for the kind words on the Dobbs Rogue, gentlemen! I found out that the model is still being sold, but now it costs $65.

Regards,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
And now for something completely different...

We bring you... the Synthex!!!

15Aug07Synthex.jpg

When I bought this on ebay I assumed it was straw; the seller didn't state what it was. It appears to be a type of nylon mesh in the crown; the brim is solid. The only markings are Synthex in gold on the leather sweatband, and a sticker behind the sweatband with the size 58. The hat was bought from a Candadian seller. It is, as you may imagine, very light.

It has a couple of creases in it that need to be worked out. I'm guessing the heat from steam might do the trick there.

Regards,
Tom

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tango Yankee said:
Speaking of Oregon, nice Tropic-Aire, Douglas! I'm planning on visiting Art in October when I'm out there for the annual fishing trip. Maybe I'll commision a hat while I'm there. :)

Or you lucky devil. Please give him my best and by all means do order yourself a hat;)

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Tango Yankee said:
We bring you... the Synthex!!!

15Aug07Synthex.jpg

When I bought this on ebay I assumed it was straw; the seller didn't state what it was. It appears to be a type of nylon mesh in the crown; the brim is solid. The only markings are Synthex in gold on the leather sweatband, and a sticker behind the sweatband with the size 58. The hat was bought from a Candadian seller. It is, as you may imagine, very light.

It has a couple of creases in it that need to be worked out. I'm guessing the heat from steam might do the trick there.

Regards,
Tom

Has sort of a Swanky 60's, Rat Pack/Sinatra look to it, Tom......Nice!!!

The Outlaw Kyle

One of the Regulars
Dzacca, that picture looks like it could be where I'm from, Western Michigan. With the pine tree and the corn, I almost thought you were right outside here:eek: Not what I thought that Italy would look like at all.

RBH

Bartender
The Outlaw Kyle said:
Dzacca, that picture looks like it could be where I'm from, Western Michigan. With the pine tree and the corn, I almost thought you were right outside here:eek: Not what I thought that Italy would look like at all.
Great hat Dzacca! I could tell you werent here in Arkansas, with our 100 + degrees here is what our corn looks like. lol
22819486.jpg

dzacca

New in Town
I know Kyle, many people just know Italy for the touristic cities like Venice, Rome, Florence and so on... Actually, especially here in Northern Italy we've got a lot of corn, soy , barley and so on. I leave quite far away from any big city and what you see in these shots is the back of my parent's home. It's a very common scenery in this part of Italy. :)

dzacca

New in Town
RBH said:
Great hat Dzacca! I could tell you werent here in Arkansas, with our 100 + degrees here is what our corn looks like. lol
22819486.jpg

We reached 100+ degrees only during July, in these days the temperature has lowered around 82-93 degrees... and that's still too much for my tastes... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24