Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
J.T.Marcus said:
A gift from friends (A mother and daughter). Do you think they might be trying to tell me something?

P1040552.jpg

Could this be J.T.'s signature hat?...:eek: [huh] :eusa_doh: :D

RBH

Bartender
Bud-n-Texas said:
I echo what RBH said as to the thin felt, however I would not give up my OR's. When the time is right I will pick up another Strat, they are one helluva hat.
I do know what you mean Bud. I am still looking for an Open Road with the little bit taller crown that I had on the ones I had.
I think the ones sold in open crown form were taller than the ones that had the cattlemans crease. At least that is what I have in my mind.

stevechasmar

New in Town
Favorite Hat

This is one of four hats that I own, all straws -- it is just too hot here for felts -- and my favorite. The hat was an eBay purchase earlier this year and is my only panama. The brand is Adam, and except for the size (7 3/8), there is no other information printed on the hat. If anyone happens to know the name of this particular style and the approximate age, I would be interested to know. My other straws are stingy-brim porkpies -- vintage ones, not these silly new things that only come in sizes small, medium and large...

BW-1.jpg

RBH

Bartender
stevechasmar said:
This is one of four hats that I own, all straws -- it is just too hot here for felts -- and my favorite. The hat was an eBay purchase earlier this year and is my only panama. The brand is Adam, and except for the size (7 3/8), there is no other information printed on the hat. If anyone happens to know the name of this particular style and the approximate age, I would be interested to know. My other straws are stingy-brim porkpies -- vintage ones, not these silly new things that only come in sizes small, medium and large...

BW-1.jpg
Great hat Steve!:eusa_clap
I like the turned down brim!
Looks like a hat Bogie would have loved!
Thanks for posting!

Also welcome to the Lounge!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Steve, Welcome to the Lounge! It's a shame about the climate being always too hot for felt. I know what you mean, though. I lived my high school years on Guam. We had quite a few Thai sailors come through. They were the friendliest and best mannered people I ever met. :)

stevechasmar

New in Town
RBH and J.T.Marcus, thank you for your comments!

The Thai are indeed very, very easy people to get along with, especially if you pick up a bit of their language. I've been living in Thailand just over eighteen years now and it's hard to imagine living anywhere else.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
No hat today, I was indoors due to the third snowstorm on as many weekends. At least this is a pretty snow, for now anyway, will probably be dirty by Christmas.

My Christmas present to myself: just ordered three caps from B!Wear, a navy, a camel colored cap, and a burlap cap that Brett described as cream colored.

I am as excited as a kid.

karol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw