Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quapaw

New in Town
Thanks RBH! Here you go...

RBH said:
Now that is classic!!
And I might add.... classy too!

Looks great, if you can give us a shot with the front snapped down.

It fights the bit a tad since I bashed it to wear up.
CarlibrimdownII.jpg

Quapaw

New in Town
Sue, thank you. As a newbie I have been hesitant....

billysmom said:
Wow! Terrific hat! (And lovely coordinating outfit.)

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

to join this thread due to all the outstanding offerings every day.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Welcome Quapaw!

And I know what you mean, I've only contributed my mug/hat twice, there are so many NICE hats being worn daily!

Does anyone else look at these pics and think about what each person does while wearing said hat during the day?

Randy

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quapaw said:
picked this up from the classifieds. Thanks again to RobFedoraField, great hat.
CarlitheHatter.jpg

Welcome Quapaw! That is a superb hat. Beautiful color, binding/ribbon, and great coordination with the suit. Very Open Road-like but maybe a bit wider brim than an OR. I love it with the brim up look but thats how I wear several of my Open Roads. Great western business look. :eusa_clap

dog20

Familiar Face
Do you people get made fun of on a daily basis? I like everyones style but if I dressed like that here, I would constantly be harassed.

Quapaw

New in Town
A somewhat banal question, IMO and one I am really not concerned with.

dog20 said:
Do you people get made fun of on a daily basis? I like everyones style but if I dressed like that here, I would constantly be harassed.
I can't nor would I try to answer for anyone other than myself. I guess I am secure enough in my own skin and have reached a point in my life that I take the opinions or criticisms of others regarding my apparel as one of those inane trivialities that I really don't have time for.

If I was overly concerned about what others thought of my wardrobe I would confine myself to blue suits, whites shirts and red striped ties. I'm more thankful than I can express that is not the case for me.

I would like to pose a question back if you would indulge me please. What neighborhood/city/world do you reside in that the residents lack the common courtesy and civility that allows them to openly deride or for that matter to be particularly concerned with what is worn by their citizenry? There are certainly more pressing issues in my world rather than why am I wearing a hat.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
dog20 said:

That's a fair question. Anyone who doesn't conform to what is thought of as normal risks being ridiculed. There are a lot of threads here on the Lounge about how we deal with these reactions.
But it all boils down to what Quapaw said; just wear what you like and don't pay any attention to what others think. It takes a certain self-confidence and a thick skin, but you soon stop noticing the jeers and stares!

theinterchange

One Too Many
I'm actually trying to figure out if that was a swipe at some of the folks here or not. :confused:

I've only had a few negative comments regarding my hats, and promptly brushed them off as uncouth idiots. I'm very much like Gable in Gone With the Wind, I don't really give a "darn".

There are many folks I encounter in a days time that I could be just as snide to, but don't.

Randy

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
dog20 said:

There are a great many threads addressing this and related issues. One is in full swing now. Check these and see what you think -

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=46168
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=39885&highlight=costume
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=44910&highlight=costume
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=45479&highlight=stop+wearing

Torpedo

One Too Many
Welcome, Quapaw - my vote is for brim up - nice Western smart look overall.
Metropd, very period inspiring pic!
GClark, another winner!
Sue, that one has a gorgeous ribbon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran