Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
daizawaguy said:
Thank-you - here is one specially for you, Madame

March2010HDR.jpg

Wow, that's a gorgeous hat. Who's its maker?

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
kowalskt63 said:
Yeah, funny how the younger generation will wear it up not realizing they are emulating the golden age "goofy guys". lol

Au contraire,
I'm fully aware of the statement the upturned brim makes in the Golden Era. But I feel that we as a society are so far removed from that image that it doesn't resonate now the way it did then. Besides, I think it looks good!

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Zanzibarstar said:
Au contraire,
I'm fully aware of the statement the upturned brim makes in the Golden Era. But I feel that we as a society are so far removed from that image that it doesn't resonate now the way it did then. Besides, I think it looks good!
I agree ..on some folks it adds quite a touch of distinction ..top hats and the like don't have snap brims after all[huh]
and you guys are sharks cause I removed that comment about 0.2 seconds after I realized it was a stupid thing to say

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
Sorry to stray...

...but I love Shorpy. I can spend hours there just admiring the pics. I especially like to find an address, and then go to google maps to see what it looks like today. I wish that Google and Shorpy could get together and do it automagically for us. That would be some mash-up, wouldn't it... :)

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
bolthead said:
Back in the day, most men always wore their brims up, even wide ones.....just look at some old photos, like on Shorpy.
I think its the degree of up-turn-i-ness they expolite in the golden films, in the films the brims are more of a vertical ramp, rather then a unsnapped brim...and this shorpy stuff ain't half bad...and ain't ,ain't a spell check error....go figure..

scaber

New in Town
Raining today

Today I had some work to do in the woods. Unfortunately it was also raining all day. So my hat for the day was my Sunbody 3 inch straw hat. I love the way that it stiffens up in the rain and then holds the shape and softens as it dries. Great hat for the outdoors.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Zanzibarstar said:
I wanted to get folks' opinions on this hat(a Churchill Beaver 50 from Ebay, only $23!!!)...Which do you prefer...brim snapped down, or remaining up? I like both, but just wanted to see what others might think.
DSC00518-1.jpg
DSC00521-1.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
DSC00519-1.jpg
DSC00520-1.jpg

I like the hat both ways, but that hat reminds me of my grey Bailey Duke, and I always wear that hat with the brim down. I would say that the hat looks the "best" with the brim down, but then again, its whatever you prefer the most. By the way, awesome deal on the hat. $23 for a beaver hat is quite a steal. Reminds me of my resistol beaver for $22 that I got this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo