Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
The lounge was awfully slow to load this week. Some wonderful hats on display as usual, but impossible to comment on them when it behaves like that. O well. The hats of the week.

Penumbra
View attachment 542710

The English hatter
View attachment 542711

Penumbra (again)
View attachment 542712

Solis
View attachment 542713

Battersby
View attachment 542714

Another Battersby
View attachment 542716

Barbisio Classic View attachment 542717
The slowness of the Lounge has definitely been a pita this week. Seems to be okay today, though.

Love the Penumbra and the English Hatter this week, Stefan.

When are we going to see the Stockport Western out and about?

Yesterday afternoon I was out and about in a Stetson Mode Edge. This new to me hat is not a Mode Edge anymore. Sometime in it's life the "Mode Edge" was removed and a binding edge applied. Glorious felt and ribbon work regardless of the edge alteration.

i-ktkRCQb-M.jpg

Sunday morning I went on a walkabout in the 54'f (12'c) temps. Glorious temps after the recent heat. I wore the Saturday evening Stetson Mode Edge fedora. I cleaned the hat (white gas, hard brushing and lots of steam to bring it to an open crown) last night. This morning the hat just seemed to want to take a "tugboat" crown crease. I like the rake and dimensions it gives the hat. I think that it brings the eye to the hat crown sides and lessons the eye attraction to the edge change, IMO.

i-pQWHP5f-M.jpg

i-JGRw24c-M.jpg

New cleaned hat.

i-RTBVwFh-M.jpg

Previous crown crease.

i-G2rnHKR-M.jpg

Below is a collage pic of previous and "new."

i-pnBQ6sj-M.jpg

Home, after sunrise, I enjoyed coffee on the deck in a Gannon Wanderer (silverbelly beaver felt and charcoal trimmings).

i-DmC2Zrf-M.jpg

i-hZBfhPV-M.jpg

I drove my wife over to a gathering and I changed to a Stetson Whippet. Excellent felt on this 50's version.

i-QT9tvkP-M.jpg

i-3W9694r-M.jpg

i-nrhtk9Q-M.jpg

Cheers to all Lounge folks, Eric. -
Wonderful hats, Eric.

StoryPNW

One Too Many
Yesterday afternoon I was out and about in a Stetson Mode Edge. This new to me hat is not a Mode Edge anymore. Sometime in it's life the "Mode Edge" was removed and a binding edge applied. Glorious felt and ribbon work regardless of the edge alteration.

i-ktkRCQb-M.jpg

Sunday morning I went on a walkabout in the 54'f (12'c) temps. Glorious temps after the recent heat. I wore the Saturday evening Stetson Mode Edge fedora. I cleaned the hat (white gas, hard brushing and lots of steam to bring it to an open crown) last night. This morning the hat just seemed to want to take a "tugboat" crown crease. I like the rake and dimensions it gives the hat. I think that it brings the eye to the hat crown sides and lessons the eye attraction to the edge change, IMO.

i-pQWHP5f-M.jpg

i-JGRw24c-M.jpg

New cleaned hat.

i-RTBVwFh-M.jpg

Previous crown crease.

i-G2rnHKR-M.jpg

i-pnBQ6sj-M.jpg

Home, after sunrise, I enjoyed coffee on the deck in a Gannon Wanderer (silverbelly beaver felt and charcoal trimmings).

i-DmC2Zrf-M.jpg

i-hZBfhPV-M.jpg

I drove my wife over to a gathering and I changed to a Stetson Whippet. Excellent felt on this 50's version.

i-QT9tvkP-M.jpg

i-3W9694r-M.jpg

i-nrhtk9Q-M.jpg

Eric, I'm a huge fan of your collection. Your wanderers have inspired me, I have a wanderer clone in the works from Robert.

Painfully slow this week. Hopefully we are over the hump?

Fabulous line up
Let's hope so, Joe. Thanks.

i-ktkRCQb-M.jpg

i-pQWHP5f-M.jpg

i-JGRw24c-M.jpg

New cleaned hat.

i-RTBVwFh-M.jpg

Previous crown crease.

i-G2rnHKR-M.jpg

i-pnBQ6sj-M.jpg

i-DmC2Zrf-M.jpg

i-hZBfhPV-M.jpg

i-QT9tvkP-M.jpg

i-3W9694r-M.jpg

i-nrhtk9Q-M.jpg

Fantastic classic looking line-up, Eric.

The slowness of the Lounge has definitely been a pita this week. Seems to be okay today, though.

Love the Penumbra and the English Hatter this week, Stefan.

When are we going to see the Stockport Western out and about?
Thank you, Steve. Might be a while for the right occasion for the T&W Lees western. I'm wearing it indoors a lot though.:)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Painfully slow this week. Hopefully we are over the hump?

Fabulous line up
The last “hump” we had like this and particularly this thread was remedied by archiving the thread and starting over.
Unfortunately, all previous contributions, especially “old timer” posts were basically rendered inaccessible.
That was nearly 5 years ago or 1803 days ago to be precise.

To date statistics:
3,308 pgs, 1.85 pgs/day,
66,146 msgs, 36.7 msgs/day,
and counting.

Sadly, maybe it’s time to rinse and repeat.
Somebody else’s mug can replace that goofball’s that graces this thread as if he started the thread.

And yes, i’m wearing my calculator hat today.
B

The last “hump” we had like this and particularly this thread was remedied by archiving the thread and starting over.
Unfortunately, all previous contributions, especially “old timer” posts were basically rendered inaccessible.

To date statistics:
3,308 pgs, 1.85 pgs/day,
and counting.

Somebody else’s mug can replace that goofball’s that graces this thread as if he started the thread.

B

AbbaCusDeHat?

Trouble is, it's not just this thread. The entire site is like slogging through mud.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Some guys deserve their own hat threads, right?

Great hats, you two!

i-ktkRCQb-M.jpg

i-pQWHP5f-M.jpg

i-JGRw24c-M.jpg

New cleaned hat.

i-RTBVwFh-M.jpg

Previous crown crease.

i-G2rnHKR-M.jpg

i-pnBQ6sj-M.jpg

i-DmC2Zrf-M.jpg

i-hZBfhPV-M.jpg

i-QT9tvkP-M.jpg

i-3W9694r-M.jpg

i-nrhtk9Q-M.jpg

RBH

Bartender

To date statistics:
3,308 pgs, 1.85 pgs/day,
and counting.

B
Its still here!

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-hat-are-you-wearing-today-1.19520/

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace