Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RBH

Bartender
Was trying to give this hat away and couldn’t find any takers. I was bored yesterday so spent some time hitting it with stiffener and steam and it came out beautifully for a beat old hat. Was the perfect thing for a trip to the farmers market.
View attachment 556154 View attachment 556155 View attachment 556156 View attachment 556157

Fantastic job!
img_0404-jpeg.556154

I too have worked this weekend on a couple of hats that have lost all trace of who made them. But… they still have wearable use.
No ribbons on either hat so I improvised.
I have worn both over the last few days.
IMG_3020.jpeg
IMG_3021.jpeg
IMG_3022.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family

hambone71

Practically Family

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Northwest Hats.
My wife had hip replacement surgery on October 10th. This is the first Sunday morning service she has been able to attend. She is using one of my Blackthorn walking sticks. One of the ladies thought we should get a picture since we are both wearing purple and using Blackthorn sticks. The difference is she will be able to stop using her stick while I will probably always need one. Her other hip is scheduled for replacement November 28th.

IMG_1853.jpeg

The new batch of this week on display this Sunday. Let's see.

Berteil View attachment 556106

Léon
View attachment 556107

Dunn&Co velour
View attachment 556108

Sools (probably by Laubin)
View attachment 556109

Brosson
View attachment 556110

Cappellificio Rossi
View attachment 556112

Vanzina Cappello Vaso
View attachment 556113

Köhlndorfer
View attachment 556114

I really appreciate the exposure to hats we don’t often see in the US. There are some great hats out there that I’m not at all familiar with. I was particularly take by the Berteil: beautiful hat, beautiful hats!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Was trying to give this hat away and couldn’t find any takers. I was bored yesterday so spent some time hitting it with stiffener and steam and it came out beautifully for a beat old hat. Was the perfect thing for a trip to the farmers market.
View attachment 556154 View attachment 556155 View attachment 556156 View attachment 556157
Nice job, David. Wish I'd known you were trying to give that one away. Can't beat an old beater that doesn't look so beat up.

Northwest Hats.
My wife had hip replacement surgery on October 10th. This is the first Sunday morning service she has been able to attend. She is using one of my Blackthorn walking sticks. One of the ladies thought we should get a picture since we are both wearing purple and using Blackthorn sticks. The difference is she will be able to stop using her stick while I will probably always need one. Her other hip is scheduled for replacement November 28th.

View attachment 556233

Best wishes for your wife’s speedy recovery.
…I don’t know about arming a woman with a blackthorn stick. ;)

I really appreciate the exposure to hats we don’t often see in the US. There are some great hats out there that I’m not at all familiar with. I was particularly take by the Berteil: beautiful hat, beautiful hats!
Thank you, Brent. This goes both ways of course. I see beautiful examples of American hatmaking all the time here on the lounge and thanks to friends like yourself I get to experience some of them.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Get well soon, both of you!

Northwest Hats.

View attachment 556233

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
I should have gotten a picture but it's a chilly rainy day. High today is 37*f and plenty of rain and wind. My Fed IV kept me warm and dry. I got a few looks until it was seen keeping the rain on the outside and not on my head.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Northwest Hats.

View attachment 556233
bill hughes.jpeg
What a wonderful photo, such a lovely couple, somehow I can visualise you both when you were newly married. It's that empathy that comes from a lifetime of love and trust, something that Tina & I share with you.
My own hip replacement was done about eight months before the Covid lockdown. My surgeon told me that the use of a cane might seem like a placebo and he was right. But, just as he had predicted, it was the very thing that I needed when I stumbled, without it I might have gone over, worse, I might have undone all the surgeon's good work.
At the outpatients appointment following surgery, my surgeon brought up a picture of his work on his desk top computer. When I saw it I asked if I could have a copy. "Give me your phone number," the surgeon said. Next thing my phone went "ping" and this xray appeared.
hip3.jpeg
So Bill, tell the lady that the walking stick might seem unnecessary but it could prove very useful in preventing a stumble.
There's a postscript to this tale that I have never shared. You see my avatar, I was wearing that hat and suit to my post-op appointment, my surgeon loved it, so much so, he asked if he could take a photo.
zoot suit riot (2).jpg

I have never joined the social media sites like Facebook, I had forgotten all about posing for that photo, then one day, years later, my Godson text me the same photo that he had uploaded from social media. Small world? And some.

I can just about feel the felt of that Peschel. The touch of a good velour.

Wonderful Peschel, Jim. That emerald green is definitely a worthy contender for a St. Patrick's Day hat.

Thanks, guys, it's very pettable. And truthfully, a little more Christmas-y to me than St. Pat's.

And wow, I just noticed @DOGMAN liked my post. Good to see you lurking around, Chuck (waves in a northeasterly direction).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace