Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

hambone71

Practically Family
Walkabout under a Stetson 3X, a chance to test the sweatband out.

This hat has been around the world with me once - he’s pretty much in retirement now but still holds his own.

From back when the price was still $15.00.
View attachment 555903 View attachment 555904 View attachment 555905 View attachment 555906 View attachment 555907
View attachment 555908
Another beauty, Nathan! I wouldn't mind having one exactly like it! Been trying to score one with a mode edge.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I don’t normally have a two hat day but today I did. My niece and I have a tradition of meeting up for sushi and we got together this afternoon while she’s home from college.

It was worth braving the pre-Alabama football game traffic on this wonderful Saturday afternoon. This weekend might also be the last of the warm weather for the year.

Stetson era Mallory Dallas premier quality. This felt would dry crease into a pink flamingo if I asked it to.

(Edit: turns out Alabama has a bye week, but dang the traffic was crazy nevertheless!)
IMG_9073.jpeg

IMG_9075.jpeg

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Another beauty, Nathan! I wouldn't mind having one exactly like it! Been trying to score one with a mode edge.
Thanks Phil!

I hope you find one and I’ll keep my eye out for you as well. They are probably my all-time favorite vintage hats. They are incredibly rugged. I’m blessed with three of them!

Roll Tide brother!
IMG_9077.jpeg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
One point loss. Gut wrenching. The luck wasn’t with us, but proud of the performance. They gave it everything. Still happy to support the coolest sports team on the planet.
Gary, commiserations.

I haven't been able to see any of the games, but I managed to find a live radio broadcast of the second half of the final.

What a game. The All Blacks came close, but the Springboks took their 4th rugby world cup. What an achievement.

Shosholoza!

Mighty44

One Too Many
McDonald’s (of Manitoba) Select Quality while hanging out with the girls in the Poodle Corral. Between me and the plastic owl we’re hoping to disincentivize the local Bald Eagles who made a low level reconnaissance run past the place a couple of days ago.

View attachment 556009

View attachment 556008

View attachment 556010

View attachment 556011

View attachment 556012
Beautiful hat! Never really considered that but pets and eagles probably aren’t a good mix.

IMG_20231028_164615278_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231028_164741329_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231028_164427029_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

Champ Imperial - Purple Grey
5 1/2 Crown Open - About 4 5/8 as shaped
3/4 Purple Grosgrain Mid-ribbon
2 3/4 Brim with 1/8 matching grosgrain binding
Reedless Sweat

This is exactly the kind of hat I love to take a chance on. Extremely unusual purple felt Champ Imperial with an ever so slight shag finish. The hat has almost identical specs and proportions to my Champ Featherweight hats. My gut says this one slightly older than those… but likely still a 40s hat. There is some white marks on the inside tip of the crown. I am unable to ascertain whether it is part of a tip imprint of this currently liner free hat… or if it at one point did have a liner. The Champ featherweight hats were liner free other than a stitched in oilskin tip protector. It is possible this a forerunner with a tip logo. It arrived extremely dirty and out of shape but after a level 10 brushing/scrubbing and a good steam it cleaned and shaped up very well. There is still some slight felt discoloration that is not real noticeable and two areas of moth tracks on the brim. More clean up/repair work could diminish both. At 6 3/4 it is a bit smaller in size.. but with its unreeded sweat it kinda squeezed onto my head well and has loosened up quickly. I’m playing with a few different brim looks. I think for me hats with a 2 3/4 brim look best with the front broke down… along with a slight up curl at the edge.

when it comes to purple hats… it is hard not to venture into The Joker territory…. But this is one that really gets it right.

IMG_5054.jpeg
IMG_5055.jpeg
IMG_5057.jpeg
IMG_5056.jpeg
IMG_20231028_164931769_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful hat! Never really considered that but pets and eagles probably aren’t a good mix.
It certainly is a beautiful hat, the thin ribbon is reminiscent of Stetson's Stratoliner, yet it remains unique in appearance, love it.

We have just got home from an absolutely wonderful evening. Earlier, I posted a photo of a converted railway carriage that's now a restaurant. Here it is, or was, in it's working days:
west bay.jpg
Nowadays it looks like this:
west bay2.jpg west bay3.png
We have had a wonderful evening, I have polished off far too much wine, had a slap from her Ladyship, who drove us home. Mercifully all is now forgiven, (she had her money on South Africa,) time for a hot bath and bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn