Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Summer super light weight Vimenet from the 30s and Belgium.
Beautiful day to pick up a lawn mower and pay property taxes.
C0133A2D-2559-4F92-A266-FC016F50D593.jpeg
705262D5-D7A1-4F17-AF44-363862703DF8.jpeg
CE97CA15-F7E7-4BA7-92F4-4E8DA7737E70.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
New-to-me JBS Twenty from a recent trade with @hambone71. I love this guy, Phil, thanks!

A 2-3/8 brim is always a welcome addition to my collection and the tugboat style bash atop this smaller brim very much satisfies my eye.

Based on the later-edition liner coupled with the wide sweatband style, I would speculate this guy as a late 50s/early 60s model. Not the end of the Twenties line but getting close.

Same wonderful clay-like felt that I expect from a 50s Twenty, though.

This little bulldog will definitely see head time, I’m a fan.
IMG_0360.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0368.jpeg

New-to-me JBS Twenty from a recent trade with @hambone71. I love this guy, Phil, thanks!

A 2-3/8 brim is always a welcome addition to my collection and the tugboat style bash atop this smaller brim very much satisfies my eye.

Based on the later-edition liner coupled with the wide sweatband style, I would speculate this guy as a late 50s/early 60s model. Not the end of the Twenties line but getting close.

View attachment 588571
View attachment 588572
View attachment 588578
View attachment 588586

Nice, NAthan. An SST has been on my list for some time.

hambone71

Practically Family

View attachment 588571
View attachment 588572
View attachment 588578
View attachment 588586
Glad you are enjoying it, brother! It looks great! You did a bang up job with that crease. I wish it fit me but I got an equally as nice hat in the Dobbs Twenty in the trade. I'll put some steam to it this weekend and come up with a personal bash of my own. And I'll be sure to post up when I do.

Last edited:

Rogue Scholar

New in Town
New member here – thanks for letting me join. Today is a Banjo Paterson day for me. I lowered the crown a bit by making the teardrop more telescope-like. My wife isn’t a fan of the color (says it’s too green), but there’s something about this hat that keeps me reaching for it when I head out the door. Maybe cause it’s built like a tank and feels like it can handle anything you throw at it.
FBB2D693-0B76-432F-869A-B6856D5ECFF9.jpeg
45D7EB48-ED5E-4B6D-AD06-D84A45182560.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family
New member here – thanks for letting me join. Today is a Banjo Paterson day for me. I lowered the crown a bit by making the teardrop more telescope-like. My wife isn’t a fan of the color (says it’s too green), but there’s something about this hat that keeps me reaching for it when I head out the door. Maybe cause it’s built like a tank and feels like it can handle anything you throw at it. View attachment 588599 View attachment 588600
I like the BP! I have one but I don't wear it near enough. Welcome to the lounge!

VoodooSan

Practically Family

View attachment 588571
View attachment 588572
View attachment 588578
View attachment 588586
Oh, yeah. That is a VERY handsome hat, indeed.

wsmontana

A-List Customer
New member here – thanks for letting me join. Today is a Banjo Paterson day for me. I lowered the crown a bit by making the teardrop more telescope-like. My wife isn’t a fan of the color (says it’s too green), but there’s something about this hat that keeps me reaching for it when I head out the door. Maybe cause it’s built like a tank and feels like it can handle anything you throw at it. View attachment 588599 View attachment 588600
Welcome! I’ve abused my BP to no end but it will not yield. It is a tank!

Rogue Scholar

New in Town

View attachment 588571
View attachment 588572
View attachment 588578
View attachment 588586
That hat and jacket combo is killer! It’s got film noir vibes.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Glad you are enjoying it, brother! It looks great! You did a bang up job with that crease. I wish it fit me but I got an equally as nice hat in the Dobbs Twenty in the trade. I'll put some steam to it this weekend and come up with a personal bash of my own. And I'll be sure to post up when I do.
Thanks brother. I look forward to seeing the final bash on the Dobbs!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
My score from an antique store in Boise yesterday. Resistol Dakota, Double X; the color is Canyon. Based on when the headband-imprinted dealer closed up shop, and the factory tag, with price, still inside the headband, I'm going to guestimate this one as very late 70s to very early 80s. It's got a few flaws, but nothing that's going to keep me from enjoying the hell out of wearing it! The setting is Deer Flat again.
Resistol Dakota Double X late 70s a.jpg
Resistol Dakota Double X late 70s b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred