Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Fantastic Dobbs! I like the shape and color. The ribbon and binding have a wonderful contrasting patina with the fur felt .
Thank you Reggie! I have only a handful of homburgs, but I do like almost all of them quite a lot. I’m going to try to get one last wear out of each before it gets too hot and bright for them.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
What an amazing Disney! You find the most unique items, it’s incredible.

Plus that crown makes me feel much less conspicuous about the bash I put in my Gannon last week (except that yours is way cooler).

IMG_1318.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Echter Borsalino "Sandurbar" and the color is "Ossido", possibly 1920s. This Soft Felt was made for the German market. It originally had a crown patch and is in very good condition. I was lucky to find this Soft Felt back in 2022. Old Borsalino Soft Felts like this one are rare finds especially in normal and large sizes.

53669809685_652c9ebb35_h.jpg

53668486272_b55d0508f2_h.jpg

53669575633_912a261b3e_h.jpg

53669719644_16cb76a305_h.jpg

53668497837_8fa1848580_h.jpg
Noch ein wunderbarer Hut!

As the German youth of my day said, “Sau Geil!” (Warning: don’t use that phrase at Grandma’s dinner table, though the hat would definitely be welcome!).

Out and about today (once the unexpected morning rain stopped, thus garage pics) in the last one from my treasure trove last Monday. This one has had a rougher life than the others: verdigris staining on the headband and the felt, inside and out, generally dirtier than all the others in the bunch, and I think at some point someone tried to re-shape it by wadding it up and shoving it under a car seat. That last is hyperbole, of course, but it was a struggle just to get this one into "bang around in the yard/wear to fairs and flea markets" condition.

Herewith a grey, 50s-vintage, Adam Executive Quality, with a 2.75" brim, and a crown that's 4.25" at the crush, and 5" at the sides.

View attachment 608557 View attachment 608558 View attachment 608559 View attachment 608560 View attachment 608561
What a haul it was indeed. Whatever was it’ condition… you’ve shaped it up quite well. Adam executives are some darn nice hats.

Thanks, Joe. You are looking pretty sporty in that Kitten finish Resistol too.
Thank you Reggie.

Neat, clean, handsome; that hat is a perfect delight to see. And once again I'm forced to paraphrase Nicholson's Joker: "Where does he get those wonderful shirts?" :D
Thanks so much Mark. Resistol was getting so much right in this era. This shirt was the last of my little thrift haul a week or so back.
Great lid Joe. I only have one Resistol and I never wear it, but if saw more like this one, I would get them.
thank you Nathan. I really love these mid 50s Kitten Finish Resistol. I’d put these Fifteen dollar hats favorably up against just about any of my same era twenty dollar HCA hats. I havnt had a Fifteen dollar Stetson ME like yours in hand to compare… but I suspect these may be about on par.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Thank you Reggie.

Thanks so much Mark. Resistol was getting so much right in this era. This shirt was the last of my little thrift haul a week or so back.

thank you Nathan. I really love these mid 50s Kitten Finish Resistol. I’d put these Fifteen dollar hats favorably up against just about any of my same era twenty dollar HCA hats. I havnt had a Fifteen dollar Stetson ME like yours in hand to compare… but I suspect these may be about on par.
I’ve always heard great things about the Byer-Rolnick products, but the two westerns I’ve had didn’t speak to me enough..

Based on your review, I’ll hope to give their kitten finish fedora a try one day.

Last edited:

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Out and about today (once the unexpected morning rain stopped, thus garage pics) in the last one from my treasure trove last Monday. This one has had a rougher life than the others: verdigris staining on the headband and the felt, inside and out, generally dirtier than all the others in the bunch, and I think at some point someone tried to re-shape it by wadding it up and shoving it under a car seat. That last is hyperbole, of course, but it was a struggle just to get this one into "bang around in the yard/wear to fairs and flea markets" condition.

Herewith a grey, 50s-vintage, Adam Executive Quality, with a 2.75" brim, and a crown that's 4.25" at the crush, and 5" at the sides.

View attachment 608557 View attachment 608558 View attachment 608559 View attachment 608560 View attachment 608561

Looks great, Mark!
Kinda sounds like you may be casting shade on the, “Shoving it under the car seat method” which, and surely here I’m not alone, I highly recommend for the well heeled, discerning fedora wearer who’s out to impress his most tasteful peers. :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A warmer walkabout (43'f) this morning. I was appreciating the slight green tinge to the trees as they are beginning to bud and leaf.

A Lee Commander in a green felt was my hat choice for the early morning.

i-VMkJdz9-M.jpg

i-6HhxTTX-M.jpg

i-tcH2wMN-M.jpg

My morning coffee was under the brim of an Adam fedora. I love the ribbon treatment. The mesh sides of the liner are a very clever add to this hat. In warmer weather I find this does indeed make the hat wear cooler. The top protects the felt from my bald head or lots of humidity and the sides vent as much as they can.

i-fhPLJ9c-M.jpg

i-GbrBBTz-M.jpg

i-sPxSSfN-M.jpg

i-mBsVVQ6-M.jpg

i-jTHMxrm-M.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. Cheers, Eric -

A warmer walkabout (43'f) this morning. I was appreciating the slight green tinge to the trees as they are beginning to bud and leaf.

i-VMkJdz9-M.jpg

i-6HhxTTX-M.jpg

i-tcH2wMN-M.jpg

My morning coffee was under the brim of an Adam fedora. I love the ribbon treatment. The mesh sides of the liner are a very clever add to this hat. In warmer weather I find this does indeed make the hat wear cooler. The top protects the felt from my bald head or lots of humidity and the sides vent as much as they can.

i-fhPLJ9c-M.jpg

i-GbrBBTz-M.jpg

i-sPxSSfN-M.jpg

i-mBsVVQ6-M.jpg

i-jTHMxrm-M.jpg

Very cool ribbon on the Adam.

VoodooSan

Practically Family

i-VMkJdz9-M.jpg

i-6HhxTTX-M.jpg

i-tcH2wMN-M.jpg

i-fhPLJ9c-M.jpg

i-GbrBBTz-M.jpg

i-sPxSSfN-M.jpg

i-mBsVVQ6-M.jpg

i-jTHMxrm-M.jpg

No Lee I've ever come across in my life has looked that pristine. Not even CLOSE! And the mesh lining on the Adam is new to me, too. But Great Googly Moogly, that ribbon!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran