Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I really like the ribbon on the Dobbs Featherweight. What size is that ribbon? What era is the hat?
On a separate note/thought, I don't dislike grosgrain ribbon but the 3-ply, 6-ply and this ribbon is just outstanding. Why can't these types of ribbons make a comeback?

Sir the "ribbon" is 2.25" high with 4 pleats. The pleats have volume. They are not flat. This style pug is very cool in person.

While I like the ribbon style, you like it and a few others on the forum, I doubt that the average or novice hat wearer would be able to comfortably wear a style like this. I imagine we might here t is to bold. Between us, it is cool that it is different than the same old ribbon treatment.

I have seen Northwest Hat Co provide a couple customs to forum mebers with this pleated style pug band. We would have to ask the other custom hatters if they would like to put some effort to this style ribbon treatment.

FYI; Below are pics of the Stetson Beachcomer ribbon treatment. This is my fav of this style.

i-4mf4kWW-M.jpg

i-MCPC2jB-M.jpg

i-wKv6Rbm-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Another new summer arrival left to rest due to the too hot and unseasonable sun.
Today a few drops under a gray sky and an acceptable temperature
Panizza Cognac 3.jpg
Panizza Sportman size 59 cm or 7 3/8 in the USA.
Panizza Cognac 4.jpg
The hat was made about fifty years ago in Ghiffa - Lago Maggiore in a very good felt of "Cognac" color as the paper label says
Panizza Cognac 1.jpg
What is interesting is its finish which is "antelope" or soft and velvety.
The proportions of the brims are generous and reach 7 cm. with the ribbon of the same color as the felt.
Panizza Cognac 9.jpg
A heartfelt thanks for your likes and a big compliment for all your hats

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Sir the "ribbon" is 2.25" high with 4 pleats. The pleats have volume. They are not flat. This style pug is very cool in person.

While I like the ribbon style, you like it and a few others on the forum, I doubt that the average or novice hat wearer would be able to comfortably wear a style like this. I imagine we might here t is to bold. Between us, it is cool that it is different than the same old ribbon treatment.

I have seen Northwest Hat Co provide a couple customs to forum mebers with this pleated style pug band. We would have to ask the other custom hatters if they would like to put some effort to this style ribbon treatment.

FYI; Below are pics of the Stetson Beachcomer ribbon treatment. This is my fav of this style.

i-4mf4kWW-M.jpg

i-MCPC2jB-M.jpg

i-wKv6Rbm-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

That hat is absolutely stunning!

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another new summer arrival left to rest due to the too hot and unseasonable sun.
Today a few drops under a gray sky and an acceptable temperature
View attachment 458890
Panizza Sportman size 59 cm or 7 3/8 in the USA.
View attachment 458891
The hat was made about fifty years ago in Ghiffa - Lago Maggiore in a very good felt of "Cognac" color as the paper label says
View attachment 458892
What is interesting is its finish which is "antelope" or soft and velvety.
The proportions of the brims are generous and reach 7 cm. with the ribbon of the same color as the felt.
View attachment 458893
A heartfelt thanks for your likes and a big compliment for all your hats
Love the rake on this one.

Snowman

Practically Family
Out running my appointments for work in my recently purchased gray 3X Stetson. I’m convinced that I’ve worn this more in the past week than it ever got worn in its previous 60+ years of existence.
View attachment 458996
I have a similar 3X, and although stingies are not my favorite, there is just something about that hat that I really like.

Last edited:

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
I have a similar 3X, and although stingiest are not my favorite, there is just something about that hat that I really like.
Yes I agree this one's different in a good way. For my face/head I like hats with a brim over 1 1/2" and under 2 1/2". I like a 2" brim best of all and this is one, but there's something extra special about its felt and overall feel. I think I'll be seen in it quite often over the cool months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails