Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
Wow—tough to follow Eric’s epic banquet of hats, but I headed out in my new RDOR—a fine between the seasons hat.

IMG_9440.jpeg

Good morning. Yesterday's walkabout found me sport'n a Dobb's Cross Country.

i-LtTtJq6-M.jpg

i-84b2BzG-M.jpg

i-StPtgnG-M.jpg

Morning coffee under the brim of a Gannon Playboy (bluemist felt).

i-nc4r6cz-M.jpg

i-Xpcxzcn-M.jpg

This morning's soirée I wore a Stetson Vogue.

i-wLSSqt5-M.jpg

i-s5JhCRb-M.jpg

i-QMbs5Fh-M.jpg

Outside picking up fallen limbs I was wearing a Adam Pacesetter in buckskin hued felt.

i-rhmPBFk-M.jpg

i-9FvfWj5-M.jpg

i-Gkbt9H4-M.jpg

I needed to rake the beach and I changed to a Knox Westlite. I changed hats as the Adam's windcord I am not confident using by the water.

i-Gj6X9pr-M.jpg

i-4MtSS7S-M.jpg

Cheers to all the hat folks, Eric -
Beautiful Cross Country.. and the Vogue… oh my goodness!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wow—tough to follow Eric’s epic banquet of hats, but I headed out in my new RDOR—a fine between the seasons hat.

View attachment 511393

Gorgeous OR sir. The look on your face is either preping for a cummute in traffic, eating bad kippers for breakfast or perhaps Spring allergies. Regardless sharp lid.

Beautiful Cross Country.. and the Vogue… oh my goodness!

Thanks Joe. The Vogue makes an appearance as the hat box fell on my head this morning. Obvious sign it needed to be worn.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

i-LtTtJq6-M.jpg

i-84b2BzG-M.jpg

i-StPtgnG-M.jpg

i-nc4r6cz-M.jpg

i-Xpcxzcn-M.jpg

i-wLSSqt5-M.jpg

i-s5JhCRb-M.jpg

i-QMbs5Fh-M.jpg

Outside picking up fallen limbs I was wearing a Adam Pacesetter in buckskin hued felt.

i-rhmPBFk-M.jpg

i-9FvfWj5-M.jpg

i-Gkbt9H4-M.jpg

I needed to rake the beach and I changed to a Knox Westlite. I changed hats as the Adam's windcord I am not confident using by the water.

i-Gj6X9pr-M.jpg

i-4MtSS7S-M.jpg

That Vogue! I almost cussed.

i-LtTtJq6-M.jpg

i-84b2BzG-M.jpg

i-StPtgnG-M.jpg

i-nc4r6cz-M.jpg

i-Xpcxzcn-M.jpg

i-wLSSqt5-M.jpg

i-s5JhCRb-M.jpg

i-QMbs5Fh-M.jpg

i-rhmPBFk-M.jpg

i-9FvfWj5-M.jpg

i-Gkbt9H4-M.jpg

i-Gj6X9pr-M.jpg

i-4MtSS7S-M.jpg

All of those are super Eric, but that Vogue takes the cake!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That Vogue! I almost cussed.

Randall please don't get introuble on my, or my hat's account. Seriousely, thanks for the hat compliment. I am pleased to be the caretaker of this hat.

All of those are super Eric, but that Vogue takes the cake!

Thanks Perry. The Vogue does stand out from a crowd. BTW: I love the VS. That is a dove beaver felt isn't it. Dove is my all time fav with bluemist as a second. Ahhh, the good old days.

Best, Eric -

Randall please don't get introuble on my, or my hat's account. Seriousely, thanks for the hat compliment. I am pleased to be the caretaker of this hat.

Thanks Perry. The Vogue does stand out from a crowd. BTW: I love the VS. That is a dove beaver felt isn't it. Dove is my all time fav with bluemist as a second. Ahhh, the good old days.

Best, Eric -
Yes, Dove. I modeled it after one of Alan's I admired.

Sometimes less is more, more or less. This little Disney Gadabout was an also-ran in the competitive race for an inexpensive, lightweight out-on-the-town hat - a category dominated by the Stetson Playboy and Dobbs Cross Country during the late 1930s-early 1940s. I am very fond of them... a lot of style for five to seven dollars, easy to wear and easy to stow for travel. This one is a favorite traveling companion of mine. The felt is just a little thicker and holds its crease nicely with handling. I am a big fan of the slender mid-ribbon swooped down saucily by its knot and the fixed wind cord button (if it had a string it was snipped off long ago). I haven't seen another Disney Gadabout which maybe explains why I'm mad about this one.

042523_1.jpg

042523_6.jpg

042523_2.jpg

042523_4.jpg

042523_3.jpg

042523_5.jpg

Mighty44

One Too Many
Gorgeous OR sir. The look on your face is either preping for a cummute in traffic, eating bad kippers for breakfast or perhaps Spring allergies. Regardless sharp lid.

Thanks Joe. The Vogue makes an appearance as the hat box fell on my head this morning. Obvious sign it needed to be worn.
Two out of three, for sure. ;)Haven’t had kippers since I was a kid.

Xylophile

One of the Regulars
Wearing another of my conversions. This was a too small 7 1/8 Bradford Saddler Western that I sized up and converted to a thin ribbon fedora. Except for the new sweat, everything original to the hat was reused. The picture of me wearing the hat is from a different day.

Bradford-Saddler-1-A.jpg

Before:
Bradford-Saddler-1-A.jpg

After:
Bradford-Saddler-3-A.jpg

Bradford-Saddler-4-A.jpg

Bradford-Saddler-5-A.jpg

Bradfoed-Saddler-6-A.jpg

Some good ol' country music

Hello Walls, Faron Young

Cool Water, Marty Robbins

Sea of Heartbreak, Don Gibson

It's Only Make Believe, Conway Twitty
Do they get any better than that?? A real beauty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails