Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Cap day; Gath & Chaves
372986975_18381842806015540_6791386987289623535_n.jpg
372809698_18381842848015540_957330982500047694_n.jpg
372728635_18381842836015540_3965691569580570261_n.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I’ve been wearing this hat that I just made . It’s a little crude, but fits great, and comfortably. It’s 165g western weight bunny felt. It might be charcoal, but looks pretty much black. Brim is 3.5” and I’m considering trimming it a little more but going to let it sit for now. I blocked it on one of my two blocks that have the same specs— 52 block.
I made the band years ago and thought it worked nicely with this hat. The sharks tooth was one I had found as a kid on shark tooth island, on the Potomac River, that my parents had a jeweler drill a hole in.

Attachments

• IMG_3351.jpeg
    IMG_3351.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3362.jpeg
    IMG_3362.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3390.jpeg
    IMG_3390.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 41
I’ve been wearing this hat that I just made . It’s a little crude, but fits great, and comfortably. It’s 165g western weight bunny felt. It might be charcoal, but looks pretty much black. Brim is 3.5” and I’m considering trimming it a little more but going to let it sit for now. I blocked it on one of my two blocks that have the same specs— 52 block.
I made the band years ago and thought it worked nicely with this hat. The sharks tooth was one I had found as a kid on shark tooth island, on the Potomac River, that my parents had a jeweler drill a hole in.
How cool. Well done, Jeff.

Plattso

New in Town
I know it'll soon be time to break out my panamas, but I could not resist this thrift store find! It's a Werner Hilton, a clothier from St. Louis, no longer in business. The hat just needed a little dusting and was good to go!
The only issue is there is a mark on the band from a pin, and the trolley button isn't real.
The last date I could on the web for Werner Hilton was an ad from 1965, so i have no idea of the age. On the inside of the sweat band is a stamp with 'L B C' on it. The B is larger. My guess is the manufacturer could be Biltmore? the two other labels are 100% Beaver and $25. If any of you have more info about the store, or the marks, that would be appreciated.
I have a Werner-Hilton as well. it feels great on the head, and luxurious in the hand.
IMG_3290a.jpg
2 inch brim. 4 1/2 crown.
SIX_C054F6FA-92A8-427A-8559-01F4D43279E8.JPG
IMG_3297.JPG
IMG_3292.JPG
IMG_3293.JPG

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Eating dinner at home following afternoon errands, under the brim of the heritage SBCD. It is a darn lovely day out there, friends.

Indoors or out, this Campdraft has everything I need in a full-time cranium companion: it is rugged, comfortable, light-colored, attractive and fun to wear, plus has a very soft hand. This is my next work hat, which is why it has pride of place in my collection with the campaign cord and kookaburra feather - both inherited from my original 50s Stetson 3X.

I don’t know what I’ll do to replace this hat when it finally wears thin. They don’t make these anymore, which is a real shame. But that’s still years away, luckily.

A heck of a hat.
IMG_8484.jpeg

IMG_8487.jpeg

IMG_8489.jpeg

IMG_8486.jpeg

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Probably shouldn’t ask me Rusty!!

I can’t drive a car and talk to someone without getting lost. When the phone rings and takes over the audio system i wait to be abducted by aliens.
Best some of our super-thinkers and rationally unchallenged chart that course.
Truthfully, i don’t even know what a sticky is other then…nvm.
B
Wearing this today.
It’s a “cover” not a hat!

View attachment 543099
A cover is the only hat I won’t wear indoors.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Another nice one, Nathan.

Eating dinner at home following afternoon errands, under the brim of the heritage SBCD. It is a darn lovely day out there, friends.

Indoors or out, this Campdraft has everything I need in a full-time cranium companion: it is rugged, comfortable, light-colored, attractive and fun to wear, plus has a very soft hand. This is my next work hat, which is why it has pride of place in my collection with the campaign cord and kookaburra feather - both inherited from my original 50s Stetson 3X.

I don’t know what I’ll do to replace this hat when it finally wears thin. They don’t make these anymore, which is a real shame. But that’s still years away, luckily.

A heck of a hat.
View attachment 543446
View attachment 543447
View attachment 543448
View attachment 543445

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Another Northwest Montecristi.

View attachment 543499
The ribbon sets off the weave of that Montecristi a treat, Bill, fabulous.

In the "high waist pants/trousers" I posted the trousers that Tina finally finished. All I need now is a hat to go with them, Gamble & Gunn didn't disappoint. We have returned from the fantastic Twinwood Festival, where both hat and trousers were worn. The hat was much admired as was Tina's effort on the trousers.

I have spent a few quid whilst at Twinwood, more to come.

Striped blazer & tie 001.JPG Striped blazer & tie 002.JPG

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
The ribbon sets off the weave of that Montecristi a treat, Bill, fabulous.

In the "high waist pants/trousers" I posted the trousers that Tina finally finished. All I need now is a hat to go with them, Gamble & Gunn didn't disappoint. We have returned from the fantastic Twinwood Festival, where both hat and trousers were worn. The hat was much admired as was Tina's effort on the trousers.

I have spent a few quid whilst at Twinwood, more to come.

View attachment 543538 View attachment 543539

How was the festival? From the website, it looks like a really fun and unique event!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80