Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Randall has recently moved to Texas. His forwarding address is...

:)
You mean Texas, Australia? It's a bit remote.
texas.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas,_Queensland

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
If you click on the link below you'll find an interesting discussion between Matt and Stefan about Luxor and its origins.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-new-hats-here.28145/post-2896015

However, it looks to me like it says Luxus on the liner of your hat and not Luxor. The coat of arms is different to the Luxor one, too.

Strat. @alanfgag did you spend any time in this place?
View attachment 596100
Well that is a blast from the past. If you are standing on the corner of 78th St. and 37th Ave., yep that is my old stomping ground. That's my first alma mater across the street. And I lived my first ten years in the Berkeley apartment building around the corner on 77th. There were no pull down gates on the stores then and the grocers and barbers were all of Italian descent and the Cadillacs had big fins. Thanks for sharing what it looks like today. It's been a number of years since I've been back. Nice blue Stratoliner too.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Well that is a blast from the past. If you are standing on the corner of 78th St. and 37th Ave., yep that is my old stomping ground. That's my first alma mater across the street. And I lived my first ten years in the Berkeley apartment building around the corner on 77th. There were no pull down gates on the stores then and the grocers and barbers were all of Italian descent and the Cadillacs had big fins. Thanks for sharing what it looks like today. It's been a number of years since I've been back. Nice blue Stratoliner too.
I thought you might have gone to PS 69. I’d love to be able to take a tour of JH back then. Give a shout of you’re ever coming through…

I thought you might have gone to PS 69. I’d love to be able to take a tour of JH back then. Give a shout of you’re ever coming through…
Thanks. Jackson Heights probably hasn't changed much as the housing/commercial buildings were good quality and densely spaced. We moved from an apartment house to a private house on 75th St. in 1963. The security necessity of metal gates came through after I left for college. Walking around the neighborhood at night you could look in all the store windows. But I hear Jahn's is still there, which is a blessing. ;^)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24