Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
View attachment 600336 View attachment 600337

Failsworth Deep Brown Med/Long Hair
Medium/Long Hair Finish Felt
Approx 5inch crown as shaped (about 6 Open)
2 7/8 Raw Edge Brim
Approx 1 7/8 Brown Grosgrain Ribbon

I felt like this was one I needed to take a shot on. Listed as a “100% Wool Felt Trilby” I didn’t see any reason to believe any of those things were true. In hand it appears to be a medium/long hair fur felt with a very soft finish and it’s nearly 3 inch brim would outsize most folks definition of “Trilby” (except maybe Joao). Failsworth, a UK hat maker in Manchester had the UK Stetson manufacturing license starting in 1949... which seem to account for most of the Failsworth manufactured hats that turn up here. Occasionally though an actual Failsworth branded hat does pop up And I am happy to add this one to the collection. I’m not sure the age of this hat.. Stefan indicated it is a more modern offering based on liner logo.. though the term “more modern” around here often can mean anything from the 1970s/80s to current. Would love to narrow down a bit. In the end though age is not of too much significance as if this hat was made even last week and at this quality level… it would be even more impressive.

View attachment 600338 View attachment 600339 View attachment 600340 View attachment 600341
Dashing!

Cheers on St.Patrick's Day. My morning walkabout was taken under a Stetson Vogue.

i-MqdtCsK-M.jpg

i-MPxjv9v-M.jpg

i-2vVxQKW-M.jpg

i-z75JT5r-M.jpg

i-94WtXBS-M.jpg

Home and enjoying morning cold brew under the brim of a Stetson Avenue.

i-h2CXNTW-M.jpg

i-2tMzG67-M.jpg

i-HsDMH37-M.jpg

I headed out for a couple errands wearing a VS moss green beaver fedora. This hat took inspiration from the venerable Stetson Whippet. I do really enjoy the "Art" ribbon touch.

i-Fb6XfbG-M.jpg

i-DRrFDLM-M.jpg

i-H2R3RGf-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

View attachment 600318 Just got the green hat memo…
The green abounds! Happy St Patrick’s Day.

VoodooSan

Practically Family

2 7/8 Raw Edge Brim

I felt like this was one I needed to take a shot on. Listed as a “100% Wool Felt Trilby” I didn’t see any reason to believe any of those things were true. In hand it appears to be a medium/long hair fur felt with a very soft finish and it’s nearly 3 inch brim would outsize most folks definition of “Trilby” (except maybe Joao). Failsworth, a UK hat maker in Manchester had the UK Stetson manufacturing license starting in 1949... which seem to account for most of the Failsworth manufactured hats that turn up here. Occasionally though an actual Failsworth branded hat does pop up And I am happy to add this one to the collection. I’m not sure the age of this hat.. Stefan indicated it is a more modern offering based on liner logo.. though the term “more modern” around here often can mean anything from the 1970s/80s to current. Would love to narrow down a bit. In the end though age is not of too much significance as if this hat was made even last week and at this quality level… it would be even more impressive.

View attachment 600338 View attachment 600339 View attachment 600340 View attachment 600341
Another maker I had never heard of. I have to agree with you, Joe. WHATEVER it is/was/might be called, that is one FINE hat!

2 7/8 Raw Edge Brim

Gorgeous hat and a nice find, Joe. Congrats.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Greetings All:
Today….for St. Patrick’s Day, i find myself, armed with a shillelagh and under a delightful gilled Chamois Super
662B12E4-6533-4613-AFE5-B7F2011F2B01.jpeg
6F0119B5-4D6E-4779-A14D-7A5D2957EB3E.jpeg
F2178EED-93BC-4DD6-AC4B-BF11243F1580.jpeg
DF3ECF2C-0845-4D3B-BAAD-6E26EEC76DAD.jpeg
0C6D6854-E130-4BE0-94E1-3CBB107991A2.jpeg
Barbisio as i search for the feisty leprechaun.
Not to be found, i realize the Barbisio to be a cross between a Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe and Heaven.
Nobody does gills like a Barbisio!
Be well and safe from the leprechauns.
Bowen
Ps: looks like the leprechaun got to my post!

Greetings All:
Today….for St. Patrick’s Day, i find myself, armed with a shillelagh and under a delightful gilled Chamois Super View attachment 600347 View attachment 600348 View attachment 600349 View attachment 600350 View attachment 600352 Barbisio as i search for the feisty leprechaun.
Not to be found, i realize the Barbisio to be a cross between a Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe and Heaven.
Bowen
That’s a real beauty, Bowen. Sláinte

Greetings All:
Today….for St. Patrick’s Day, i find myself, armed with a shillelagh and under a delightful gilled Chamois Super View attachment 600347 View attachment 600348 View attachment 600349 View attachment 600350 View attachment 600352 Barbisio as i search for the feisty leprechaun.
Bowen
Couldn't have said it better myself. Fabulous hat, Bowen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot