Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what hat

JohnTheHat

New in Town
I bought a cheap hat in marks and sparks. The shape is it goes up at the front and back and down at the sides. What sort of hat is it

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
2846430173_a557e406f1.jpg

random google image

theinterchange

One Too Many
Yeah, you upload your shot to photobucket or similar, grab the "direct" link or however they term it, and above your post window here, there's a little mountain icon, click that and paste the link url into there and you're set.

Randy

JohnTheHat

New in Town
Thanks
I googled slouch and it seems to go up more than mine. I have an outback but it goes down at front/back up at sides, the opp to this

How did you show the image in your post?

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Copy and paste the IMG code for any given photo from photobucket to your Lounge post. ;)

JohnTheHat said:
Brim, the pic is taken from the front.
Many fedoras are shaped with the brim up fore & aft. From the photo, this looks like a fabric type hat with vent holes in the sides, which to me fits in a slouch/safari hat category. Brim shape doesn't necessarily define the hat style, just shows how the brim end up when you bought it.

JohnTheHat

New in Town
gtdean48 said:
Many fedoras are shaped with the brim up fore & aft.
That is right

From the photo, this looks like a fabric type hat with vent holes in the sides, .
That is right. It is rain resistant and sunblocker too, says 50+ sun protection on the sticker. Has vent holes

which to me fits in a slouch/safari hat category. Brim shape doesn't necessarily define the hat style, just shows how the brim end up when you bought it.
Oh i see, thanks:) It is a nice hat, the pic is not very good

theinterchange

One Too Many
I've considered getting a cloth hat similar to the one you have there for casual, day to day wear around the house. BUT they're also suited to wearing out and about, provided you're not wearing it with a suit or anything! ;)

Oh, and also, welcome to the Lounge!

Randy

JohnTheHat

New in Town
gtdean48 said:
. Brim shape doesn't necessarily define the hat style,
What do you think defines the hat style then?
I would like a hat like J Depp wears in the movie Public Enemies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou