Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what have you lost and can't get back?

jessicarabbit

New in Town
after my grandmother died I was allowed to go through her jewellery and take whatever I wanted. I found the most stunning vintage early 50s necklace and earrings set made of blue crystal. I wore them a few times but because the earrings are screw ons they hurt my ears, so I always ended up taking them off halfway through the night and putting them in my bag.

a few months ago I moved house and threw out some things (including handbags - you can probably see where this is going). I've turned my house upside down and am now resigned to the fact that I think the earrings were still zipped inside a bag I've disposed of. :cry: it could be worse. I could have lost the necklace, which to me is the more beautiful and valuable compared to the earrings.

what vintage items have you lost or unknowingly disposed of, never to be seen again? hopefully this can be a support thread to help us deal with the grief of losing beautiful things due to our own absent-mindedness! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR