Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is a good price for a 4 year old ELC Roughwear B3 Jacket?

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Hey Guys,

I'm planning on selling my ELC Roughwear B3 Jacket (Inital post when I got the jacket in 2011 http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?54491-My-New-ELC-Roughwear-B3-Jacket-)&highlight=).
It's a stock size 44 which I bought directly from Eastman Leather. I lost quite a bit of weight and the jacket is too big for me. Planning to use the money to get a nice AERO or LW B3 later :)
What would be a good asking price for this jacket?
It has some wear on the horsehide panels and front pocket and the fleece is balding (very small spots) around the cuffs and at the cinch areas (where the side straps are)of the jacket.
Other than that, the jacket is still in great condition.

Tried to find Similar B3 jackets on Ebay for a price comparison but couldn't find a lot.

I apologize if I put this post in the wrong section. I'm not trying to sell it here, but ask asking for an opinion on the current market value of the jacket.

Thanks for your input.

RG

Last edited:

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Here's the pics of the jacket's current condition. Tell me what you think would be a good asking price?
Dulce10Bday-20150124-49_DSC5661.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Dulce10Bday-20150124-53_DSC5665.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Dulce10Bday-20150124-50_DSC5662.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks

RG

Damo

A-List Customer
Great looking jacket. Im sure you won't have a problem selling it. Looks like someone is already interested. Good luck with your sale.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Here's the pics of the jacket's current condition. Tell me what you think would be a good asking price?

Thanks

RG

Nice to see one a bit worn, very much like mine but I think mine is slightly worse. Makes a change from all those 'Mint' condition, 'Hardly worn' items that crop up on the bay. Best way to guess a price would be what would YOU pay for it.

trapp

Practically Family
Yeah, I now nothing about Irvins but I would just stick it up for a price YOU think is reasonable. Don't try to gauge somebody but don't short-sell yourself (or the jacket) either. If people are interested, but don't want to pay you're asking price, they will likely contact you and make offers and / or try to negotiate. It's not an exact science, but you'll soon get a sense of what you should reasonably expect to get for the jacket. I think it looks beautiful, btw, and I like it a lot better than new Irvins I seem to see all over. If I was in the market for one, I would be seeking one with wear like yours.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Another thing is if it is going on the 'Bay', not many will give you an honest value here as they may want to bid for it themselves with the hope of getting it cheaper than you may value it(see Trapp's post above.) Often If I want to sell an item at a person to person sale and say "make me an offer", they will reply "How can I make you an offer if I dot know how much you want" to which I give a WAAAAAAYYYY over the top price and add ': But I will take a lot less" Most dont buy after that, but I am not worried. So it works both ways.
You could start the bidding at $1 and I am sure you would get a good price but may not get as much as you want. Then you could put it as a Buy it Now gauging it on what you paid. I paid around £400 for mine but that was years back. If I sold it I guess I would be happy with £300 due to current markets, but so many better B3s, condition wise, come up I would wait if I was buying. It is really hard to say what these are worth as I expect to wear mine till it is almost dead and falling apart. What's it worth then?
As for originals, I would never touch one again due to the fleece deteriorating over the years and being left with arms torn, belts straining,pulling at the stitching. These things make them worse buys than repro's.

I am sure if you keep looking at the Bay you will find something, but how long a wait? Thats the thing, as with wearers like us who like to wear the things in all weathers and situations, we obviously dont mind a bit of wear and tear, those that need to keep them immaculate probably are not that struck and have not worn it that much, or it is simply not suitable in their climate so get rid while there is still some decent value in the thing.
Hope you get a good price, would be interesting to know.
Seeya, J

archbury918

One of the Regulars
greedBay has so many disadvantages with sellers fees. If sold overseas the conversion fee and of course always shipping expenses tend to make buyers shy away. You have options..Classified here, Craigslist for your area.
The important thing to consider with a jacket like this. SEASON! If you wait too much longer, more potential buyers will drop out. Few will drop several hundred dollars for something it'll be 6 mos before you can enjoy it.

John Lever

One Too Many
This is one of the jackets without the better warhorse horsehide facings and improved sheepskin so any comparisons with the new price may not be very realistic. Having said that it is highly desirable and on the right day could fetch a good price. In GBP I would say between 350 and 450. A couple of very ordinary Eastman B3 jackets have fetched over GBP 500 recently, one in Germany one in the UK. They were just average house jackets so yours could do better. The red skin is not everyone's favourite though.
Try a BIN of 500 pounds ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran