Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is Akubra's STYLEMASTER?

Naphtali

Practically Family
Looking at Akubra's web site, I saw a fedora style called STYLEMASTER. I found the hat online at http://store.yahoo.com/aussiedirect/akhast1.html

What's the skinny? How does it compare with the FEDERATION?

On Akubra's web site, STYLEMASTER is listed as being available in CARBON GREY and MOONSTONE GREY. What's the difference?

Clearly, it differs from FEDORA, but I'm not enough of a hat maven to know why, or how.

Naphtali

Practically Family
What is the meaning of "deluxe" in Akubra-speak?

Thanks for the info.

Slightly tangential to the original question: What are the differences between Akubra's FEDERATION and FEDERATION DELUXE? I presume that if the STYLEMASTER has a deluxe version its characteristics are nearly identical with FEDERATION'S.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Fed Deluxe: Little better felt, little better leather sweat. Some members claim a deluxe holds its color better.
All this info and more is available at the hatsdirect web site.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Moonstone is a light gray, while carbon is more of a medium gray. I've heard it described as blue-ish. As for the difference between the Fedora and Stylemaster, the big dif is that the Fedora is open crown.

Update; I've just discovered that I don't know what Moonstone looks like. I saw three different pictures today of what Moonstone is, and they ranged from light to semi-dark gray-blue! How about that? So, send an email enquiry to Hatsdirect. They are very helpful and always pleasant to deal with.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace