Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is in your carry-on?

I know a number of us here are frequent travelers – I myself log more the 50,000 air miles every year. Looking at the list of best and worst airports it is pretty obvious that a number of us spend quite a bit of time on the road and in those wonderful locations we call airports. It used to be a man could carry everything he needed in his pants and coat pockets. After my trip to Bean town last week and watching all of these people at the airport lugging their carry-on’s on and off the planes, I began to wonder – what is in those bags that we practically rip our shoulder out of joint to lug it with us?

While waiting for my flight to board, I decided to list what I carry just in case I can pare it down. My recent trip list included:
  • Dell D410 PC with wireless mouse and power cord.
  • 12 mixed pens, pencils, highlighters, and erasures
  • 3 fountain pens
  • Passport
  • iPod with shure ear buds
  • BlackBerry
  • Keys
  • Index cards (kind of a Hipster PDA)
  • Duluth Trading Company Portfolio with pad
  • Letter-sized plastic envelope to put all of my receipts in
  • Classic Style Magazine
  • USB microdrive
  • Three foot extension cord/mini-power strip (For when all the plugs are taken)
  • Business cards ‚Äì mine and those received
  • Moleskine personal journal
  • Reading folder including a number of articles that I need to catch up on
  • Two books ‚Äì one for pleasure and the other for business
  • Emergency kit including Shout wipes, Advil, binder clips, spare collar stays, and Benedryl
  • Bottle of water

So what do you carry-on?

PR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner