Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is this style called?

fountwriter

New in Town
Matt Deckard said:
I didn't know you knew them, though I am in the business of shocking... by the by, shouldn't they know the name of the hat?

If the hat style is that old it may be like alot of hats that carried over from the 1800's. It is an open crown dress hat in my opinion and you see many fashioned that way in the old west in the US through photos and through catalogs.

They just call it generically an up-hat. As for the old-west, most of the old pics I have seen that are similar do seem western in flavor. So sounds right.

Adam

dopey

One of the Regulars
dopey said:
The original picture does not look like a hat any of the Chassidic sects I know of would wear, except for the Lubavitch, who would wear it if it were shaped like a normal fedora. If I had donuts or dollars, I would bet on the answer you originally got — you simply have a stiff hat waiting to be shaped.

Well - I was obviously wrong. Good thing I didn’t have any donuts (or dollars) in the game.

So fountwriter - what do you call that style?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner