Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite hat crease?

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Working on another one. This is a 3X Resistol with a monster 6 1/2 open crown and 4 1/2 brim width. I'm not sure what crease I want to go with yet. I was thinking of John Wayne's hat that he wore in the movie, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". I got the brim shaped where it needs to be and I definitely have plenty of crown but the crease style is pretty fugly. Don't know. Too much crown for my taste. This is another one I may trade off. I don't think I'll ever wear it much.

My_3_X_Resistol.jpg
John_Wayne_Liberty_1.jpg

John_Wayne_Liberty_3.jpg
John_Wayne_Liberty_4.jpg
That looks like it would be right on for the John Wayne crease

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I think I'll try and trade it off if anyone's interested. It's way too much hat for me. Somebody else who's more into westerns than I am would appreciate it more. 7 1/4 LO Resistol 3X Beaver if anyone's interested in a trade.

Working on another one. This is a 3X Resistol with a monster 6 1/2 open crown and 4 1/2 brim width. I'm not sure what crease I want to go with yet. I was thinking of John Wayne's hat that he wore in the movie, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". I got the brim shaped where it needs to be and I definitely have plenty of crown but the crease style is pretty fugly. Don't know. Too much crown for my taste. This is another one I may trade off. I don't think I'll ever wear it much.

My_3_X_Resistol.jpg
John_Wayne_Liberty_1.jpg

John_Wayne_Liberty_3.jpg
John_Wayne_Liberty_4.jpg
TJ, you can drop the crown 1" or more with a deep horseshoe. The Akubra Woomera comes as an open crown at 6.7". I bring down & level the crown all the way around & across at 5.5". I tried 5.75" but liked the look of 5.5" better. I don't put in any dents because I like the look of the crown with a rounded barrel look with the horseshoe better. But I don't think it works with a brim with rolled sides. I like it with a flat brim & a slight pencil curl around 3 sides of the hat.

5ds4cw.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
TJ, you can drop the crown 1" or more with a deep horseshoe. The Akubra Woomera comes as an open crown at 6.7". I bring down & level the crown all the way around & across at 5.5". I tried 5.75" but liked the look of 5.5" better. I don't put in any dents because I like the look of the crown with a rounded barrel look with the horseshoe better. But I don't think it works with a brim with rolled sides. I like it with a flat brim & a slight pencil curl around 3 sides of the hat.

5ds4cw.jpg
Great job on that one, HJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran