Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite hat crease?

That Knox is a beut Red! Between the photographs and the movies I've seen from "the era" I'm convinced "imperfect" creases were the rule rather than the exception. Surely there were men who constantly fiddled with their hats to maintain a "perfect" crease, but I believe most just grabbed 'em, slammed 'em on their heads, and went about their business without giving it another thought.
I agree about this "look", more often than not, this grab and go looking crease is seen in 1940s and 50s research. it is what the hat wanted.

Couldn't resist ebay offering for Royal Deluxe Open Road but had to adjust the alpine/cattleman crease a tad. Brim worked up a little too.
474e9cbc8b71ecdcb93b1769fc928f64.jpg
59b21622c45017f849f69fa3e08fc11a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I agree about this "look", more often than not, this grab and go looking crease is seen in 1940s and 50s research. it is what the hat wanted.
Kudos on the crease. Was it a memory of the previous crease? My previously creased Borsalino Alessandria was brought back to open crown (at my request ) by the seller. When I recieved the hat and found out it was originally creased and pinched by Stanley (Steve/Besdors father) at Bencraft 27 years ago and kept that way by the original owner, I immediately wanted to keep it in its original crease and pinches in homage to Stanley. Fortunately it went right back to its original crease and pinches. The hat easily retained it's memory of Stanly's original work.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I tried to capture comparison pics of the vintage Stetson Stratoliner (30-40's) and the Playboy (50's) this evening. I struggled to get great shots. I did get this slightly out of focus shot of the creases. I thought it was a dynamite representation of 2 different creases on these vintage hats.

i-dwMbBfS-L.jpg

Perhaps I will take a great shot one day.

Working on my focus tonight, Eric -

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I tried to capture comparison pics of the vintage Stetson Stratoliner (30-40's) and the Playboy (50's) this evening. I struggled to get great shots. I did get this slightly out of focus shot of the creases. I thought it was a dynamite representation of 2 different creases on these vintage hats.

i-dwMbBfS-L.jpg

Perhaps I will take a great shot one day.

Working on my focus tonight, Eric -
Excellent creases both, Eric! I love the comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy