Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What pants with linen jacket?

donCarlos

Practically Family
I may have done an escapade, but yesterday, I bought a linen blend jacket (looks like real linen to me, but it can be ironed more easily). It was lying in the thrift store and it costed only (after conversion) 17 dollars. I just had to buy it.
When I got home, I realised that I don´t have matching pants. I have a pair of pants with similar color, but not the same, so I guess it´s wrong.

It´s about 3:45am here, so I can not take proper pictures of the combination. But meanwhile - any suggestions about the color of pants in general? What can be used?

donCarlos

Practically Family
ah, I thought there is only one color of linen :)
I am not able to take a good photo of the color, because I have terrible light bulbs and it´s night. However, this one is close:

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My opinion - you're never ever going to find linen slacks that match the weave and color and stitching and style, unless you buy them together. Go with contrast - brown or blue linen. When you try to match exactly, it never works - something's slightly off and you think "Nobody'll notice" when it fact, everyone does. Going with something that contrasts makes it look like you planned it that way, and gee, what a smart looking combination...

DerMann

Practically Family
I think it's just the standard "natural" coloured linen.

I have one as well in a 55% linen 45% rayon blend, half lined, three button. The fabric really feels like linen and wrinkles a bit less. And since it's rayon, it's still technically a natural fibre.

You could get some matching linen pants quite easily at most clothiers. I haven't done so (no money available), so I just wear it with a pair of light khaki, cotton trousers, and that seems to work rather well.

I really need more linen...

donCarlos

Practically Family
DerMann said:
You could get some matching linen pants quite easily at most clothiers. I haven't done so (no money available), so I just wear it with a pair of light khaki, cotton trousers, and that seems to work rather well.
No money here neither :) Luckily, I have found some pants which have the color I would call khaki. It looks like this:

Unfortunately, today is really bad weather, so I can´t wear it :(

donCarlos

Practically Family
When I returned from my grandma, I brought home a new supply of neckties with corresponding pocket squares, so I just had to try it with the jacket...

2008_04250010.jpg

Joan

New in Town
That's a very sharp-looking outfit, DonCarlos. As Mike in Seattle says, it looks like you planned it that way. :eusa_clap

A pastel shirt would look good, too, I think; maybe light blue or lavender.

donCarlos

Practically Family
Joan said:
That's a very sharp-looking outfit, DonCarlos. As Mike in Seattle says, it looks like you planned it that way. :eusa_clap

A pastel shirt would look good, too, I think; maybe light blue or lavender.
Thank you! And the shirt....eeeh...yes, there is one light blue in my wardrobe. Thanks for advice.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I like the slacks with that jacket. Looks very sharp! I also like the way navy or brown slacks look with a natural colored linen jacket.

Right now, H&M has linen suits (probably a blend, actually) for $90, available in a buff shade or in brown. They look quite nice, actually.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
donCarlos said:
neckties with corresponding pocket squares
I wouldn't wear them as a set; it has an affected look, IMO. Better to coordinate colors/patterns in an outfit than to match.

donCarlos

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
I wouldn't wear them as a set; it has an affected look, IMO. Better to coordinate colors/patterns in an outfit than to match.
I read about that in some other topics, but it´s quite challenging with the limited options I have :) I guess that simple plain white pocket square would be ok.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great, donCarlos! And echoing the previous post - matching tie & pocket squares - the look's a little too "off the rack" - mix them up. Use the pocket square from another set that has colors that go with a tied from a different set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany