Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV shows were you GLAD were cancelled?

rue

All of these went on way too long.....

The Facts of Life
The Brady Bunch
Three's Company
Charlie's Angels
Growing Pains
Murphy Brown
Who's the Boss
Friends
Will and Grace
The Drew Carey Show

Any reality TV show ever made.

The Simpsons... oh wait... it's still on.... :rolleyes:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Although I like the Brady Bunch, I have to agree with you.
The last season did get a bit "Gilligan" if you ask me.
Oh wait, Schwartz did both shows.
That explains it. :D

rue

Although I like the Brady Bunch, I have to agree with you.
The last season did get a bit "Gilligan" if you ask me.
Oh wait, Schwartz did both shows.
That explains it. :D

I did too in the early years, but like all of these shows, as good as they may have been in the beginning, they needed to be cancelled much earlier than they were. Some only a year after they came out.

All of these went on way too long.....

The Facts of Life
The Brady Bunch
Three's Company
Charlie's Angels
Growing Pains
Murphy Brown
Who's the Boss
Friends
Will and Grace
The Drew Carey Show

Any reality TV show ever made.

The Simpsons... oh wait... it's still on.... :rolleyes:

Definitely Murphy Brown for reasons I won't go into because it would be a political rant.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
There have been a lot of terrible TV shows but only one made me happy when they cancelled it. Other than that one show, I just change the channel or turn the TV off if I don't like something.

The one show I resented was Hee Haw because it replaced Laugh In, which I loved, with shall we say an inferior substitute.

I couldn't believe it went on as long as it did but it must have had a loyal audience. Eventually they figured out that the reruns got ratings just as good as the first run shows (true) so there was no point wasting money on making new ones - just keep rerunning the old ones, you get just as big an audience.

Never been sure if this was a compliment to Hee Haw fans' loyalty or a subtle way of saying they are brain dead.

Anyway, when I heard the show was cancelled I felt a little glow of satisfaction. The only time felt this way.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Definitely Murphy Brown for reasons I won't go into because it would be a political rant.
The only funny part of the latter Murphy Brown episodes, was the standing gag of Eldon, The Painter. He was hired by Murphy to paint one room in one day, and kept painting and repainting rooms for seven years!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany