Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What type of leather is this?

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
This is a jacket from filmjackets.com
FLMJKT-0013c-0000.jpg

I'm not buying a jacket from them, but I do like the look/texture of this jacket.

Would anyone have an idea what type of leather this is?

Is the look due to the type of leather used, or because it's broken in or..something else?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It's pre-aged, washed Indian sourced thin cowhide. Around 2oz thick. It's all there on the film jackets site. It's leather that is best for fashion and would not wear any better that your Roger David leather. A tough leather equivalent with that look would be jerky horse as per Alexander Leathers or Aero. What's yoru budget, Mate. best place to start. Then adjust accordingly.

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
It's pre-aged, washed Indian sourced thin cowhide. Around 2oz thick. It's all there on the film jackets site. It's leather that is best for fashion and would not wear any better that your Roger David leather. A tough leather equivalent with that look would be jerky horse as per Alexander Leathers or Aero. What's yoru budget, Mate. best place to start. Then adjust accordingly.

OK, thanks!

I couldn't find it on the filmjacket site...must be right under my nose but I can't see it.

I do like the look...going to look into jerky horse as you suggest.

Budget is around, ideally, $600 - $800 USD, but willing to go higher if I think it is worthwhile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic