Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Caught an early-morning showing of "Boudu saved from Drowning", a 1932 French flick by Jean Renior. It was pretty entertaining. I was told that it was remade in the 80s as 'Down and Out in Beverly Hills.'

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Musashi said:
Finally, at the ripe old age of 36, I watched "Casablanca" for the first time in my life.

It was great! Awesome picture quality on the blu-ray rental too. Bogart's hat is simply amazing.. it seems beat to h**l yet somehow very stylish.

But as a kid and even early adult ive ignorded classics, so its kind of cool that they are getting the HD and restoration treatment now. I can enjoy them in high quality for the first time!

Welcome to the addiction...

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I watched "Play Misty For Me" for the first time. I'm not sure why I had never seen it before. I've known of it for a long time, of course. Fortunately, I took the time to watch it, because it was great!

I'm a real Eastwood fan, by the way. I just had not ever gotten around to "Play Misty For Me."

- Ian

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I love Watchmen - it was my favorite film of last year. I watched most of it on HBO last night too, even though I already have the director's cut DVD and have watched it an obscene number of times...

(The director's cut adds twenty minutes, including a couple of great scenes and some useful bits of exposition.)

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"The Last Picture Show". I thought it was very good and though I've seen parts of it over the years this was my first time viewing the whole film. I recommend it!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"Show Girl In Hollywood", a 1930 cross between a typical early-talkie backstage musical and a pre-Code Warner Bros. potboiler. Alice White is the Show Girl in question, and while she's always been rather looked down upon as a sort of dime-store Clara Bow, she's quite good in this picture, managing to be both hard-boiled and completely guileless, which is no mean feat.

Also interesting is the "I've Got My Eyes On You" production number, which shows in intricate detail exactly how Vitaphone films were shot in mid-1929, complete with suffocating cameramen in little booths. No, they don't dance.

Cricket

Practically Family
Oddly enough, I have never seen The Big Sleep. Something always came up and I never got a chance to sit down and really get into it.
But with tonight being my birthday, my husband is preparing dinner, a glass of wine and a copy of the Bogart classic that I hear so many people talk about it.

Should be a wonderful evening, and I guess it will be better to post "after" I watch it. But I am really excited.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I'm watching "The Good Earth". Now, I do like Paul Muni but it's a shame that racism during the time the film was made did not allow Chinese actors to be casted in the roles.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"The DVD release of Michael Palin's & Terry Jones's "Ripping Yarns" 8 Episodes of the classic comedy series from 1976 priceless "Ripping Yarns", in which the two Ex-Pythons wittily lampoon cultural cornerstones of the British Empire. And Agatha Christie!"

RippingYarns.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63PIkwuCCOc&feature=related

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic