Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Thirteen Ghosts ....I gave it a shot because of F.Murray Abraham and Tony Shalhoub but.........shakeshead

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Me and Orson Welles (2009)

A fun fictional account of an 18yo kid (Zac Efron) who becomes part of the history-making Mercury Theater in 1937 New York. Great use of period recordings in the soundtrack. And Claire Danes, who teaches Efron the price of ambition, was never lovelier.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
*Loved* that movie -- proof once again that 1937 was the peak of American culture. We ran it this past spring, and one of the popcorn girls developed a powerful crush on Orson Welles that still endures. I haven't had the heart to show her "Touch Of Evil."

Marla

A-List Customer
I'm currently on a silent movie binge:

5100761029_5aa47fc924_z.jpg

Harold Lloyd's Grandma's Boy

Harp

I'll Lock Up
A fun fictional account of an 18yo kid (Zac Efron) who becomes part of the history-making Mercury Theater in 1937 New York. Great use of period recordings in the soundtrack.

Caught a glimpse of this on a recent flight while reading an Inspector General's report. Remarkable O. W. portrayal.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The second offering in the movie adaptation of the "I Love a Mystery" radio series, The Devil's Mask. Oddly named, unless I dozed through a key plot point, because the story involves shrunken heads from South America, not a mask. Perhaps it's tied to a caged panther named Diablo. The characters of Jack Packard and Doc Long basically walk around and comment on the actions of the other characters. Jack dazzles everyone with his vast store of amateur knowledge about crime, science, psychology, murder, et cetera, while Doc says things like "riding a tornado without spurs." They don't seem to actually solve the mystery as stumble into a solution.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
north by northwest and gangster in key largo
that was a good movie night :)

I bought 2 dance movies:
"orchestra wives" with glenn miller and the nicolas brothers and "stormy weather" with lena horne, fats waller, cab calloway and the nicolas brothers. I just wait with watching because it is more fun to watch them together with friends.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really enjoyed that movie, it's certainly not perfect but the set designs & use of visuals really make this film something special. I also loved the soundtrack.

That's for sure! I gave it 4 of 5 stars on netflix (because netflix rating system is SO important lol). I really enjoyed the soundtrack and the visuals. There are some truly creepy scenes, as well as some instances of real suspense. I also liked how the killing was so vicious - it wasn't glossed over and teenagerized like slasher films. I was actually wow'd by some of those scenes. Overall, good film. My only gripe was the lack of substance in some scenes, as well as certain plot points going unexplained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic