Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Just got the tail end of Miracle on 34th St, (1947) on AMC tonight !

Does anyone know if this movie was originally in color ? AMC is repeating it but
I don't see any credit or info on whether it was made in color or b & W .
The colors on this film remind me of "Casablanca" which was colorized sometime ago.
I realize it was made in 1947 & perhaps the colors were not as good. But on the other
hand , Gone With The Wind , which was made way earlier , the colors are beautiful .
It's probably my tv ![huh]

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Just got the tail end of Miracle on 34th St, (1947) on AMC tonight !

Does anyone know if this movie was originally in color ? AMC is repeating it but
I don't see any credit or info on whether it was made in color or b & W .
The colors on this film remind me of "Casablanca" which was colorized sometime ago.
I realize it was made in 1947 & perhaps the colors were not as good. But on the other
hand , Gone With The Wind , which was made way earlier , the colors are beautiful .
It's probably my tv ![huh]

It was released in glorious Black & White and colorized later.

Stormy

A-List Customer
Our Gang: Free Wheeling (1932)
I had forgotten how funny it was.

Free_wheeling.JPEG

sc1x.jpg

I'd love to get ahold of a copy of this. I always ask family and friends to get me noir films for Christmas, birthdays, or Mother's Day gifts. They all think I'm odd, but I just know where my heart is is all.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Lincoln" - Well made film. Very compelling and quite illuminating as to how things were done politically then as in now. Seems Congress was always for sale.... sigh. DD Lewis and Tommy Lee Jones were phenomenal. Speilberg can still tell a story... Lucas, unfortunately, cannot.

Worf

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
...aaaannnd, Holiday Inn, the colorized version, which normally I despise but in this case I'm willing to enjoy the addition of color to a great movie. The movie is not strictly a Christmas film but the legacy of the White Christmas song makes us forget the basic gimmick of the plot.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The man with the golden arm.

Good movie.

Ccj

I thought Sinatra did a good job, but he has his detractors, too...Recently saw The Undying Monster (1942), Fox's version of The Wolfman. It really looked like a Universal Production, and in some ways was better than a lot of what the latter studio was producing in the early-'40s. The werewolf is not seen until the end of the film, and even then just in a couple of long shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff