Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I liked it too. While the story is transparent - and Donna Reed came off as too brittle early so that her transition felt forced - Wayne and Coburn carried it with their personalities and acting. It is nice to see Wayne not in a "Wayne" roll. I like seeing stars do that - some of my favorite Errol Flynn movies are when he is not playing the action adventure hero like in "Never Say Goodbye."

As to "Trouble Along the Way," "Angels in the Outfield" has a somewhat similar plot but works even better. If you enjoyed TATW, keep an eye out for AITO - I think you'll enjoy it.

Right, it's a good movie that Wayne and Coburn carry. Though, Donna Reed is always good, to me. There is something about her that I always find to be very pleasant, at the very least. Sherry Jackson also did a good job and had two or three pretty funny lines.

I saw some footage of Jackson yesterday talking about making the film and working with John Wayne. She really liked him and said that he did many nice things for her during the filming of the movie. She said one of the things that he did was to save her hair from being cut short for the roll. They tested her for it and really liked her, but wanted someone older. They finally decided to hire her, but planned to make her wear lifts in her shoes and were going cut her hair much shorter in order to make her look older. When they were telling her this, John Wayne was present, and she began to tear up. At that point, John Wayne came over, put his arm around her and said: "Don't worry, kid. I'm not gonna let them cut your hair." And, they didn't!

And, I'll keep an eye out for "Angels In The Outfield." Thanks!

- Ian

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Blech is Texan for kind of?
:D

No. It's Texan for: I don't find him attractive.

The best Marvel Comics movie so far I think. :eusa_clap I might just watch it again tonight. Maybe those fangirls feel sorry for him because of the ending?

I think it's more because of this:
41429d45ce14b6edc9f4c86331ef53cf.jpg

I don't get it, but, to each their own. lol

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Definitely the first one!
One of my favorite movies, a bit hokey, but the sci-fi effects aren't too bad for the period, the music is great, and Princess Aura...meow! ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore