Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
What does getting laid have to do with hoping a movie isn't stupid?

And it's an axiom that people who talk about getting laid usually aren't.

What does getting laid have to do with hoping a movie isn't stupid?

And it's an axiom that people who talk about getting laid usually aren't.

LOL!! I guess it depends if you are at the drive-in or just a regular theater.

Nothing directed at you there Dr. I got the impression from your post that you thought the flick was something less than super awesome cool. My apologies if I was mistaken. My lament was that giant commercials like this ought to at least be made suitable for the kids who play with the toys.

soul_plane_movie_snoop_funny_2011.jpg

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
"Boomerang" (1947) starring Dana Andrews, Lee J. Cobb, Arthur Kennedy, Jane Wyatt and Karl Malden. Directed by Elia Kazan.

I thoroughly enjoyed it!

- Ian

cw3pa

A-List Customer
Watched a couple of William Powell's lawyer movies. "Evelyn Prentice" 1934 with Myrna Loy, and "Star of Midnight" (1935) with Ginger Rogers. Powell does more detecting than lawyering in both movies. There is some court room drama in Evelyn Prentice, but this is not Perry Mason. Both movies are highly enjoyable.uh

Last edited:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Hobbit, Desolation of Smaug, the extended version; watched it with a room full of twenty somethings, many of whom, I am delighted to say, had read LOTR and The Hobbit, and were quick to see where liberties had been taken.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Last Command (1928) - Interesting silent about a Russian General who survives the Bolshevik Revolution only to find himself in Hollywood as an extra. By coincidence he finds himself cast as a General in a movie about the same events he lived through. Very well done Emil Jannings (The Blue Angel) won the first ever Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of the General. Film also starred an absolutely ravashing Evelyn Brent and a very young William Powell (yeah that one). Jannings was good but Ms. Brent stole the show. Sadly Jannings returned to his native Germany and worked for the other side till 1945.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW