Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
The Two Mrs. Carrolls

It was a new view for me and i must say Humphrey Bogart scared me! He does crazy murdering artist a bit too well. What a great job he does in this, the second Mrs. Carroll not so much i think her acting is a bit over the top near the end, but the costumes are fantastic and the acting for the most part is good. My mom never watches movies and doesn't find the appeal i do in Mr. Bogart, but she stopped to watch it with me :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Chloe - a stylish thriller directed by Atom Egoyan. Good strong cast lead by Julianne Moore - only let down by a drawn out and predictable (and slightly mawkish) ending. This is a remake of a French movie with Gerard Depardieu which I would like to see - usually the original versions are superior to Hollywood remakes.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Watching "Nights of Cabiria" just now. I might not stick through the whole thing (I've seen it before), but as long as nothing more appealing is on I might as well enjoy the wacky world of Fellini.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Watched "All of Me" starring Steve Martin, Lily Tomlin and Victoria Tennant this afternoon at a CA Pops musician friend's house. Funny stuff, laughed a lot! A perfect vehicle for Steve Martin's physical comedy.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Our feature this week is "Please Give," a mordantly funny comedy with Catherine Keener as a vintage-furniture dealer who finds herself crushed with guilt over taking advantage of the grieving children of dead people as she replenishes her stock. Ann Guilbert has a hilarious comic turn as a viciously-cranky old lady who is me in thirty years.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Watched "The Shootist" again the other night. The Duke went out at the top of his game; the other actors, writers and production were all top grade, as well. Not sure if you all are aware of this but almost ALL of the scenes in The Shootist where the Duke is showing physical weakness are not acting; he was suffering from, I believe, stomach cancer at the time and they just left the shots where he would get out of breath or stagger as shot. I really think that decision made J.B. Books, the dying gunfighter, much more believable.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Dug out my videotape of "Mountains of the Moon" last night. About Captain Richard Francis Burton and Jonathan Speke in the 1840s looking for the source of the Nile. Starring Patrick Bergin and Fiona Shaw. Highly recommended.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
LizzieMaine said:
Our feature this week is "Please Give," a mordantly funny comedy with Catherine Keener as a vintage-furniture dealer who finds herself crushed with guilt over taking advantage of the grieving children of dead people as she replenishes her stock. Ann Guilbert has a hilarious comic turn as a viciously-cranky old lady who is me in thirty years.

I saw previews for this. It looked very funny.

LD

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

While I know it would be more work for the moderators, would it be a good idea to break up the long threads (what was the last movie you watched?), What are you reading? by year? I think one militaria collecting sight had the capability to search different levels of folders. You could (for example) search all movies, or the 2007 folder under all movies.

Just tryin' to help.

Later

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Predators, I thought it was a great follow up to the first film, I've heard a lot of people say that this film was the sequel the original deserved.

Although they really sold the idea of the Aliens having unique identities in the film, but I didn't see that much and I would have enjoyed the movie that much more had they done so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats