Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Mr Eames

New in Town
Ghostsoldier said:
"Get Low" with Robert Duvall and Bill Murray on Sunday.

"Inception" (again) last Friday.

Watched this again last week....and you are right! :)
Rob

Interesting, Ghost. How many times is this for you and Inception now? I watched it 3 times at the cinema, and felt it held up as a superb film even by the 3rd viewing.

I shall be ordering the triple disc blu ray for Christmas!

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Mr Eames said:
Interesting, Ghost. How many times is this for you and Inception now? I watched it 3 times at the cinema, and felt it held up as a superb film even by the 3rd viewing.

I shall be ordering the triple disc blu ray for Christmas!

Same here. :)

An interesting film in many aspects, with many levels of interpretation and/or complexity (theoretically, anyway ;) )

Oh....and unashamedly, 5 times total. :)

Rob

D

Deleted member 12480

Last night I watched Charlotte Gray and wept my eyes out, I was depressed for the rest of the day. I thought it was pretty convincing, but then, I don't know very much.

:) xx

Edward

Bartender
Finally saw X Men Origins: Wolverine last night, on DVD. Very well done. I especially enjoyed the opening historical montage with Logan fighting alongside his half brother in various conflicts across history. One thing that struck me, though.... am I wrong in my recollection, or have they tampered with Logan's established record in the US Civil War? I always believed he was a Confederate, though in this film he is depicted fighting on the side of the blues. Am I just wrong (perhaps confusing Logan with Jesse in Near Dark - "How old are you, Jesse?" "Let's just say I fought for the South."), or is this a case of revisionism to better appeal to contemporary sensibilities?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Midnight Meat Train

lol Despite the incredibly suggestive title, this was actually a fairly decent horror/gore movie starring Vinnie Jones (I'm a Guy Ritchie fan).

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
lolly_loisides said:
I enjoyed that movie. Emily Watson is always wonderful, but I was particularly surprised that Adam Sandler could act in a dramatic role as opposed to the puerile comedies he normally appears in .

I think a lot of comedic actors can do that; Sandler, Murphy, Carrey, Murray, Williams. When pared with a good director who knows how to shape his/her actors, they can bring out amazing stuff in talented people who are pigeon holed into one sort of shtick.

LD

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
The Wind That Shakes the Barley - a movie about the early IRA during the 1920s. Its a story about two brothers in ireland fighting for the freedom of their country but ultimatly ending on different sides of the conflict and getting enemies.

A very interesting story and it created a touching atmosphere where I just could not decide which of both I would favour. In the end it depends on certain points of view and both were right for good reasons, so maybe just kismet that one lived through it and the other didn't. And Cillian Murphy did a good job as Damien. I like this actor since I saw him first in Sunshine.

Isn't he also playing in Inception? I must confess that I had not the time so far to go into a cinema for that one. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou