Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Edward

Bartender
THX1138. Hard to credit that this came from the same mind as was reaponsible for Star Wars, it's such a different beast. Generally I found it really good. I quite liked that it didn't feel the need to explain exactly how the society depicted came to be (I find contemporary cinema is all too often guilty of over-exposition, crediting the viewer with no imagination). Overall quite a nice film. I'll be surprised if it isn't ever remade, given how well the themes speak to today. The ending felt a little cut off, but otherwise not a bad film.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
I just re-watched The Best Years of Our Lives. I remembered it was good. Did not remember it was *that* good. What a flick!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Date Night with Tina Fey and Steve Carroll. Oh my. Laughed and laughed. Fun movie!

The other night hubby and I actually watched Scarface in its entirety. I have only seen bits and pieces of it through the years. Gory, powerful film, and boy, Al Pacino can play the bad guy well.

Orlan

Familiar Face
Inception! The best I've seen lately in the cinema. I find most interesting now that is done for TV, that what is done for the movies.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
THX1138. Hard to credit that this came from the same mind as was reaponsible for Star Wars, it's such a different beast. Generally I found it really good. I quite liked that it didn't feel the need to explain exactly how the society depicted came to be (I find contemporary cinema is all too often guilty of over-exposition, crediting the viewer with no imagination). Overall quite a nice film. I'll be surprised if it isn't ever remade, given how well the themes speak to today. The ending felt a little cut off, but otherwise not a bad film.

I saw this first run in the theater and from the downward crawl of the opening credits onward I was hooked. It was so non-everything-else-I'd-seen. The experience got me all jawed up for his upcoming project called Start Wars, which just about the polar opposite of THX1138.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The latest in carnation of A Christmas Carol with Jim Carry. Thought it was pretty well put together. You could see some elements of Jim Carry for sure, but at the end when he was saved and he was calling to the boy in the street he was really channeling Alastair Simms. All in all not a bad holiday film.

Cheers!

Dan

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Westward The Women-AWESOME!
The Angel Wore Red- Okay
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows- It was so much better than The Half Blood Prince. The pace is really fast but they manage to cover the important stuff in sufficient detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy