Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
That's a pretty good movie and I would recommend it. As with all films, it varies with accuracy, but I consider it pretty truthful.

Especially the beginning and about Victoria's childhood. She absolutely could not stand to be in the same room as her mother and when she became queen, actually forbade her mother from seeing her, because of the terrible and stifled upbringing she had.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
About four episodes in a row the 60s show Checkmate. Basic premise is Anthony George, Doug McClure, and Sebastian Cabot run a sort of detective agency, but the tweak in the show is that, at least in the ones I watched, the guys take a back seat to some sort of human interest story. It's more drama than whodunit. It did have some solid names, such as Claire Bloom as a journalist who is blinded and must come to terms with her loss of sight, Mary Astor as the widowed mom of a "troubled" heir to an industrial empire, Les Tremayne as a magazine publisher, and so on.

Interestingly, not all three of the stars are featured throughout each show; some are in seen in basic "back at the ranch" supporting roles.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I just watched In The Year 2889 (1967).

Ha! It was terrible! I loved it! It's was so awful I really wanted that rain to come and kill everyone. lol

But as I said, I loved it. Despite it's rep, I didn't think it was that bad. It wasn't dull in the slightest. Everyone was so terrible I just couldn't wait to see/hear what they would do next. It was a quick 80 minutes!

My favourite part was when the annoying old man was concerned about the last man and the last woman on earth getting married before they started to procreate lol lol lol lol lol

Berlin

Practically Family
The+Killer+Inside+Me+(2010).jpg

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
I think Woody is great. He's played such a wide range over his career. Some people seem to think he is playing his Cheers character over and over :)

last watched:
Law Abiding Citizen
RKO 281

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I watched Sergeant York last nite as well. Excellent film.

The rifle range scene with that beautiful Springfield '03 starlight.
Early hands him another clip to disprove Tennessee windage/Kentucky elevation,
and a buck-ass private scored a devil's possible.

The night assault against the German trenches done in timed advance.
Very correct and most haunting for its somber tone.

And York's executing the German prisoner with what appears to be a P-38 pistol;
mitigating circumstance yet still questionable, but a quite unvarnished scene.
The film explored so many facets of the man and certain truths of human conflict.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Telephone Operator (1937)

Cute movie, because I love 1930s telephone operators and this had switchboards galore!

Had to laugh -- the star (Judith Allen) get fired from her job because she "spent the night" with a man lol Actually, she was taking the rap for the her boss's wife, who really was "spending the night" with this man. lol Terrible. I'm glad that's no one's business today -- as far as most work goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy