Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
That's a great film, but as Edward said i think the combination of James Spader (always does a good turn) and Maggie G, elevated what could have been a tawdry little number into a rather touching love story.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
They Got Me Covered with Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour. One of my favorite movies ever. I first saw it as a kid when they aired it on my local PBS station's "Silver Screen Classics." Still as good as it was then!

Monsoon

A-List Customer
Well, right now, I'm working my way thru all the "Twilight Zone" episodes. So far, just finished up with the first season.

If you like vintage 1959+ clothing, this is the series to see!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
The Devil's Brigade

:eeek: ;) Operational review of 1st SSF Monte La Defensa 3-9 Dec 43
featured in The Drop, Special Forces Association journal Winter 2009.
If interested for research, please advise and will forward.

Major General William T. Frederick was an extraordinary soldier.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
:eeek: ;) Operational review of 1st SSF Monte La Defensa 3-9 Dec 43
featured in The Drop, Special Forces Association journal Winter 2009.
If interested for research, please advise and will forward.

Major General William T. Frederick was an extraordinary soldier.

VERY interested! Please forward. :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The Longest Day and now From Russia with Love. Yeah, it's a movie Saturday and even though I've seen both multiple times, they never get old.

Jesse Jack

New in Town
I am watching this indie c-movie called "Hot Rod Girls Save the World". The dialog is terrible but other than that it's 100% awesome.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Got home from watching Rango with Missus Hood and the Two Teenaged Hoods. What a bust-up! I got so busy i.d.'ing the movie references that I lost track of the out of control plot. It is "Chinatown," make no mistake, but Missus Hood pointed out a couple of scenes and plot points that seem lovingly lifted from It's a Wonderful Life. I may drop the mazzola to see this again, or definitely rent it so I can put on the subtitles and catch the stuff I missed.

BTW, this is only the second movie in recent memory where the audience clapped at the end, the other movie being Toy Story 3.

Kirstenkat

New in Town
"Eyes Without a Face" Crazy brilliant movie. The main character is a hauntingly good actress. It's one of those movies where you sympathize with the villain though, at least I did.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Ridley Scott's Robin Hood with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett on HBO.

TERRIBLE. Supposedly the prequel "origin story" to the bandit-king Robin we all know and love, but totally unbelievable from the first shot to the last. An absurd and overly complicated story, terrible editing rhythms, uninspired production design and cinematography, lousy performances by many usually dependable actors, and a French invasion that tries to be Saving Private Ryan's D-Day scene right down to what look like Higgins Boats powered by oars...

I didn't think Scott could make a worse medieval film than his godawful Kingdom of Heaven, but I was wrong!

angeljenny

A-List Customer
Watched In A Lonely Place this morning. Not my usual type of film but it was very interesting.

Currently watching Meet Me In St. Louis. Love this film!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Ridley Scott's Robin Hood with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett on HBO.

TERRIBLE. Supposedly the prequel "origin story" to the bandit-king Robin we all know and love, but totally unbelievable from the first shot to the last. An absurd and overly complicated story, terrible editing rhythms, uninspired production design and cinematography, lousy performances by many usually dependable actors, and a French invasion that tries to be Saving Private Ryan's D-Day scene right down to what look like Higgins Boats powered by oars...

I didn't think Scott could make a worse medieval film than his godawful Kingdom of Heaven, but I was wrong!

Thanks for the warning!

Levallois

Practically Family
"The King's Speech" - I know we're a little late on this one but I'm glad one of these movies finally lived up to all the hype. The wife and I enjoyed it very much, talked about it afterwards, and again this morning.

John

Edward

Bartender
Just finished 'The Strangers' on dvd. Excellent, very atmospheric horror. One wonderful thing about it is that it does not explain everything. A real downfall of many modern horrors is that they try to explain all unanswered qurstions and little details, which only detracts from the whole.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Cameraman - The Life & Work of Jack Cardiff - brilliant documentary - Cardiff's autobiography Magic Hour is one of my favourite books of all time so it was great to see him being interviewed, to see some of his on-set home movies, hear some anecdotes plus get a look at his incredible body of work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy